Model Cars Magazine Forum

1960 Chevrolet Fleetside pickup

On 5/12/2021 at 9:32 AM, Captain Spaulding said:

I'm thinking a light blue with a white roof, seen a pic of one online painted that way and I really liked the look of it.

There were many of those trucks in blue, another color that’s real closer to a factory color is Boyd’s Pacific blue. It’s out of perduction but you can find it on eBay…I will follow your build.

l like that color combo. My Dad bought a brand new '63 Chevy stepside with that light blue body and white top. 235 straight six with 3 speed column shift. Hope you will post progress pics as you go along.

Edited by Twostepn2001

9 hours ago, Twostepn2001 said:

l like that color combo. My Dad bought a brand new '63 Chevy stepside with that light blue body and white top. 235 straight six with 3 speed column shift. Hope you will post progress pics as you go along.

I plan on posting more progress pics, haven't had time to work on it the past few days.

Still working away on the Chevy, got the frame almost together and while trying to press the tires onto the rear end it decided to snap. Had to try to straighten it out and glue everything back together.

Next time will do it before gluing together, not the first I've broke. Think I'd learn after the last one lol.

20210525_073519.jpg