Model Cars Magazine Forum

Moebius Ramp Truck

Fellow SDMCC member just posted these pics to the club and I thought I would share them here. 

Images came from Pegasus and the parts are currently on display in their showcase, like they did with the Nova, and apparently the will come with the '72 or '73 Ford Pick Up cab

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2492.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2493.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2494.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2495.jpg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jonathan said:

I had no idea this was in the works. 

I bet very few people did, and those who did were likely not at liberty to say. A vintage ramp bed with proper dually style wheels is long overdue, and this should be an absolute smash hit when it hits the retail level. I love that a new(?), extended length frame (is there a matching driveshaft, too?) was created, too.

Thank you Moebius for making the (insert non-complimentary adjective here) MPC ramp bed obsolete. I hope they got their money's worth on the recent reissue....

Thank you for sharing this, Jesse. 😊

Edited by Casey
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Casey said:

I bet very few people did, and those who did were likely not at liberty to say. A vintage ramp bed with proper dually style wheels is long overdue, and this should be an absolute smash hit when it hits the retail level. I love that a new(?), extended length frame (is there a matching driveshaft, too?) was created, too.

Thank you Moebius for making the (insert non-complimentary adjective here) MPC ramp bed obsolete. I hope they got their money's worth on the recent reissue....

Thank you for sharing this, Jesse. 😊

When I mentioned in another thread that there was a heavily modified reissue coming that wasn't speakable yet...this would be it.

There is in fact an extended driveshaft and extended exhaust in the tooling. When this is going to be released it will come with a cab and all the rest of the parts to build a complete F-Series based ramp truck something kinda like this...

received_278530227189555.jpeg.86383cd8e4f9dc637411902047144e16.jpeg

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, niteowl7710 said:

When I mentioned in another thread that there was a heavily modified reissue coming that wasn't speakable yet...this would be it.

There is in fact an extended driveshaft and extended exhaust in the tooling. When this is going to be released it will come with a cab and all the rest of the parts to build a complete F-Series based ramp truck something kinda like this...

Ah, makes sense now, thanks.

I see the three-section driveshaft now, looking back over the parts, and even a support bearing, too.

Hopefully the plow isn't that same (or very close to the same) size as the plow from the Revell 1/24 GMC 4x4 Pickup kit, but I suppose it'll be  sized and proportioned to work with Moebius' 1/25 Ford Pickups.

• Like 1

There was talk several years ago about a Moebius ramp truck but things quieted down once they were bought by Pegasus. Glad to see the ramp truck coming and definitely looks like a more modern plow set up coming, be glad to buy a couple (dozen).

6 hours ago, Casey said:

😊

Anyone paying attention on this forum would of known, it was "leaked" awhile back that this was in the works, I don't think it was 100% confirmed and I want say a "fake" boxart image made the rounds.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, mikemodeler said:

There was talk several years ago about a Moebius ramp truck but things quieted down once they were bought by Pegasus. Glad to see the ramp truck coming and definitely looks like a more modern plow set up coming, be glad to buy a couple (dozen).

Yeah, this was not a very well kept secret, I think a lot of people figured it was dead after the buyout as you are right, I think pretty much everyone forgot about it till now.

18 hours ago, martinfan5 said:

Anyone paying attention on this forum would of known, it was "leaked" awhile back that this was in the works, I don't think it was 100% confirmed and I want say a "fake" boxart image made the rounds.

I thought I was paying attention, but maybe not hard enough. 🤷‍♂️ 🤔

I do recall the image Jim White posted, but he seemed to go out of his way to reiterate these were concepts and ideas, and in no way were to be taken as official in any way, shape or form, so I didn't.

Model King Ford Ramp.jpg

At any rate, I am glad to see this coming out.

• Like 2

There was a resin Dodge cab available some years back.

I recall that post featuring the photo of the ramp truck and discounted it, since the wheelbase was obviously too long for the frames packaged in the line of kits.

Oddly, I've made comments wishing for an F350 among the Moebius truck range only to be told it wasn't in the cards. Would the dualie wheels be appropriate for a '65 F350?

This announced release just proves to me that if you put projects on hold long enough (many years) puzzle pieces will eventually fall together.  :-)

On 5/14/2021 at 9:45 PM, Casey said:

Ah, makes sense now, thanks.

I see the three-section driveshaft now, looking back over the parts, and even a support bearing, too.

Hopefully the plow isn't that same (or very close to the same) size as the plow from the Revell 1/24 GMC 4x4 Pickup kit, but I suppose it'll be  sized and proportioned to work with Moebius' 1/25 Ford Pickups.

Looking at that sprue and based on my 35 plus years of parts knowledge, the Moebius plow looks to be a bit more modern than the one in the Revell kits. The Revell plow dates to the early -mid 70's and those rectangular plow lights are more mid 90's. In reality, that Revell plow is more appropriate for the 70's Ford pickups than the one shown, which appears to be of the quick hitch type found since the mid-90's.

Should be interesting to see all the new stuff that is coming, hopefully sooner rather than later!

• Like 1