Model Cars Magazine Forum

Moebius Ramp Truck

Gtx 6970, I just got an orange  cab from a 65? dodge ride-on  truck( kids car) ,Union 76 promo from the 1960's . It looks to be 1/12 or 1/10 scale. could be reduced to 1/25th or 1/24th . Anybody know who I can send it to to get a Dodge Cab made for the ramp truck? Moebius-Pegasis, Dave Burkett at ModelKing or Dave Van, Tim Boyd are you listening? let me know by PM. I know one is being made in 1/18th scale also, that cab could be reduced down to1/24th or 1/25th, also!

5 minutes ago, paul alflen said:

Anybody know who I can send it to to get a Dodge Cab made for the ramp truck?

They've been produced in resin a few times, by at least two people/companies, so not wanting to take this topic off-topic, try here: 

18 hours ago, Luc Janssens said:

While happy for the guys here who always wanted a modern kit of this type of carrier, I do hope that that other rumored carrier will be kitted, a carrier which hooks you up ;)

Could be. Single or dual rear wheels? Not sure which would be easier or more logical to release, but the dual rear wheels (and matching rearend?) appear to be on their way, so either seems possible. A vintage tow truck bed(?) would be most welcome, though.

fl0117-268869_3@2x.jpg.44a419d10a4d97fe072f2d426a073597.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Casey said:

Could be. Single or dual rear wheels? Not sure which would be easier or more logical to release, but the dual rear wheels (and matching rearend?) appear to be on their way, so either seems possible. A vintage tow truck bed(?) would be most welcome, though.

Don't know, only that the possibility of it happening was mentioned here or on FB, don't remember.

6 hours ago, Casey said:

That truck is my inspiration for a build I have planned. Moebius kit, MCRC resin tow bed, Fireball 4wd conversion kit, Scenes Unlimited wheels and tires, Scale Squads beacon light.

On 5/15/2021 at 4:49 PM, Casey said:

I thought I was paying attention, but maybe not hard enough. 🤷‍♂️ 🤔

I do recall the image Jim White posted, but he seemed to go out of his way to reiterate these were concepts and ideas, and in no way were to be taken as official in any way, shape or form, so I didn't.

Model King Ford Ramp.jpg

At any rate, I am glad to see this coming out.

They should make it a skill level 5 kit... I'd buy a few..😁

• Like 1

For those who are into the custom  1 ton truck look,  a set of chromed  8 lug dually's would look sharp on this new ramp truck. This is a complete big rig tire and wheel set by Fujimi in 1/32 that will work for 1/25 1 tons. Dechromed a set and painted black for the work truck look, before  1/25 1 ton wheels became available in resin.

IMG_5524 (1).JPG

IMG_5522 (3).JPG

Edited by leafsprings
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/17/2021 at 10:47 AM, Casey said:

If Moebius is listening....offer this truck as pictured as a kit and you will have a guaranteed hit on your hands.

The roll/light bar with two integral driving lights are for....? Surely not the ramp truck version:

moramp1.jpg.8995382f59eedf03e58be6461afc01d0.jpg

Same question for the parts peeking out from under the ramp bed floor pieces in the below image. I haven't looked over any of the existing Moebius Ford pickup kits, so apologies if these are old news:

moramp2.jpg.72d98976e20f8b2d24308ccbea8b501f.jpg

• Like 1

Probably parts for a future 4x4 pickup version with optional ‘off road’ accessories. Not on the same tree as the ramp bed parts, so probably in that photo as a bit of foreshadowing of future product.  

Edited by Rob Hall
  • Like 1