Model Cars Magazine Forum

Moebius Ramp Truck

My deck plate gas a minor twist in it that the heavy tongue and groove assembly of the bed itself seems to straighten out. Some heavy and slow gluing (like you're trying to assemble fuselage halfs on a plane) should settle that with a minimum of drama. My hood is also askew...but for everyone saying it's warped. Is your hood actually warped? Because to me it looks like the hood itself is perfectly straight side to side, but it's injected on a couple of degrees off TDC in terms of the sprue itself. Mine doesn't have any twist to it, but it's not level with the mold plane, it's like the sprue attachment point drooped under the weight of the part.

This is one of the reasons I enjoy the forum. The information, good and bad help make my decision whether to buy another kit or not. I have plenty of kits and not as much patience building them these days and don't need the frustration of dealing with warped parts.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Tabbysdaddy said:

Does anyone think being shipped in a hot metal container would have caused the warping? Since it gets hot enough to kill a human being I think it could warp plastic. 

While I don't disagree with your assessment, I must say that the problem would be much more common across the board (e.g., all manufacturers' kits would have this warpage issue) if the heat of the containers were the cause.

13 hours ago, TonyK said:

This is one of the reasons I enjoy the forum. The information, good and bad help make my decision whether to buy another kit or not. I have plenty of kits and not as much patience building them these days and don't need the frustration of dealing with warped parts.

I totally agree, sir!

I got mine from Spotlight hobbies and I did not have too bad of warpage. A little on one side but glue and holding the part to the bottom of the ramp fixed it pretty well.  Don't get too excited by the "extra parts" in the kit. There is one 4x4 front axle, 1/2 of the transfer case, an automatic (useful), a set of 5 lug wheels, and a set of 150 control arms. Not really much that can be used in other builds unless you are missing some pieces from another Moebius kit. One of my tire wheel bars was warped but I managed to get it glued into the tire rack. It looks like maybe someone tossed a tire up there and hit the bar instead of getting in between them, scale damage 🙂

I also got the release of the 76 Caprice for the trailer, that trailer is very warped and looks almost like a banana!

• Like 3

On 5/17/2021 at 11:19 AM, niteowl7710 said:

Well with that new LWB 1 ton frame I'd hate to get carried away...

1972-ford-f-350-vintage-race-car-hauler-112522375177-0.jpg.8a1562d7a2cfae576f82e7de5a55da66.jpg

After all there's no end to speculating what could get dumped on us in the end.

I’d like to find the above door decal for this kit. I’ve always looked than old Ford Thunderbird engine logo. 

1 hour ago, stavanzer said:

Unclescott58.

Some of the early Revell Ford '64 T-Bolt kits have a similar logo on the decal sheet. 2 of them. Be worth looking at the box art to see which ones had it.

Thank you. I’ll have to check my Revell Thunderbolt, and see what decals came in that. 

Edited by unclescott58

3 hours ago, stavanzer said:

Unclescott58.

Some of the early Revell Ford '64 T-Bolt kits have a similar logo on the decal sheet. 2 of them. Be worth looking at the box art to see which ones had it.

Good suggestion. But, the decals in my 2017 Revell ‘64 Thunderbolt kit I’m afraid are not “generic” enough. They look close. Are about the right size. Maybe in little big. But, their main problem is have the name “Dick Brennan” on them. They also look a little “off” in other ways. I do believe there were other kits out there with the decals I’m looking for. Soon old AMT’s? So the search will have to go on. 

5A32E8E8-0557-44A2-8D8B-FBFB65DF741D.jpeg

I started opening bags to check things out closer. I’m finding no warped parts dealing with the main ramp parts. But, my hood is so badly warped, it’s useless. I’m disappointed. I’ll have to contact Moebius and see what can be done. 

91AD9668-C153-4442-BAA2-34F15312A1DD.jpeg

65C13587-1C6D-4172-8314-D3C90FC18109.jpeg

751FBBAC-52DE-48E8-9F2E-71A7ECD10AB5.jpeg

Edited by unclescott58