Model Cars Magazine Forum

Moebius Ramp Truck

On 10/11/2022 at 7:42 AM, zaina said:

So to those with the warped ramp parts, it can still be built. Mine was warped about 1/4” from one corner to the other. I clamped the bottom to a 2x4 and assembled one piece at a time while keeping it clamped the whole time making sure the glue was dry before gluing the next piece. It now lays perfectly flat and is very solid. The hood and floor pan I will have to try the hot water trick and clamp down while cooling.  

12A07765-E0E3-4DB6-8986-F166FF0640CE.jpeg

B236F6AE-D431-4603-9020-FAAC74828A04.jpeg

30E9C275-E072-4623-ADF0-00F691C30E72.jpeg

E7EE366B-A9D5-46A6-A542-C073377210EC.jpeg

FC62095A-51A7-4309-80FF-0F830356D151.jpeg

Looks great!

On 10/7/2022 at 1:09 PM, Bullybeef said:

Working on three atm, the ramp truck, the 70 4x4 and the 70 2wd short bed. 

3E5413A3-0B73-4EFC-B091-4EB67A0A70B2.jpeg

See how your hood is warped? That’s how mine was that came with the kit, and the replacement they sent was the same way but on the opposite side lol. 

So I went to the hobby room today and there was a package left on my chair.  No idea what is was, and the writing on the back made me chuckle. So I opened it and I was like woah how did they know? I never asked for a 2nd replacement.  But I test fitted the new hood and it’s perfect no warpage.  So are they lurking on the forums? Or they knew the other hood they sent was bad, and recent a new one?  So now I have 2 warped hoods and a perfect hood lol. 

09FE4366-0EBE-41CB-B4EF-D6A73D258A50.jpeg

4B1FDECF-AF70-4AAF-8864-FD71FA02E24E.jpeg

306CF9EF-40FF-4403-956E-64F742239801.jpeg

• Like 2

On 10/15/2022 at 12:03 PM, Bullybeef said:

I got mine from a friend in trade, so I’ll have to deal with the warped hood, I can’t send off for a replacement. I’ve dealt with worse. It’s funny though my 70 2wd has a perfect hood, and the 70 4x4 has only a slight twist. 

If your friend never ordered the replacement parts, why can't you? 

On 9/23/2022 at 10:27 PM, tim boyd said:

OK guys, here is my report.  On the ramp back proportion, parts #419 and 420 are warped.  #419 (the bottom of the ramp truck assembly becomes properly aligned when asseembled into the tabs/slots on the two side panels.  Part #420 (the top deck of the ramp back) is notably warped along the driver's side and at the front.  I believe I will be able to rectify this by holding the part in position against the side panel with some CA++ glue in place from underneath.  Not as sure about the very front portion.  Sadly, the hood is badly warped and not usable, and i don't think hot water will be able to fix.  I will be applying for replacements for part #420 and the hood.   Best...TB  

UPDATE:  

On Monday 24 October I emailed Moebius requesting replacements as noted in my prior post copied above.   On Thursday 27 OctoberI rec'd an email response from Moebius apologizing for the issues and stating that replacements were going in the mail  the same day. 

On Monday 31 October I rec'd a package with the parts.  It was sent first class mail.   

Today I checked the replacement parts and they are perfect. 

I'm sure they wish, as we do, that this had never happened, but their response as mentioned here and in other message in this thread suggest that they are doing their best to rectify the situation. 

Best....Tim  

• Like 3

I must say that Moebius handled this great. I ordered my replacements, they said they were out, and would send when they were restocked. I figured no big deal, wasnt building it yet, and a few weeks later i got a package. I dont remember buying anything from Pegasus (confused), and here were the parts.  Very nice customer service. Thank you, Moebius.

A different Tim.

On 11/9/2022 at 9:27 PM, dustym said:

I must say that Moebius handled this great. I ordered my replacements, they said they were out, and would send when they were restocked. I figured no big deal, wasnt building it yet, and a few weeks later i got a package. I dont remember buying anything from Pegasus (confused), and here were the parts.  Very nice customer service. Thank you, Moebius.

A different Tim.

Pegasus Hobbies owns Moebius.

• 2 weeks later...

Guys,

I posted an introduction  for myself several years ago, then never did anything else on the forum. Life happened. Now I'm retired with some time to catch up on modeling. I've been lurking and reading posts for several weeks and after reading this thread today about the Moebius Ramp Truck I realized I hadn't inventoried the kit. I found I had a warped deck, hood, floorboard and most critically, the frame. So I emailed Moebius customer service, literally an hour ago. I just got a response from Erik and he has parts on the way. That is amazing service. It's obvious they take this issue very seriously. On a side note, I checked my 71 Olds 442 kit and got lucky. Only a very slight bend in the A pillar. Hope to be posting more soon. I'm on a motorcycle kick at the moment. Starting my 1/6 BMW R75/5. :)

• Like 3

14 hours ago, redscampi said:

Guys,

I posted an introduction  for myself several years ago, then never did anything else on the forum. Life happened. Now I'm retired with some time to catch up on modeling. I've been lurking and reading posts for several weeks and after reading this thread today about the Moebius Ramp Truck I realized I hadn't inventoried the kit. I found I had a warped deck, hood, floorboard and most critically, the frame. So I emailed Moebius customer service, literally an hour ago. I just got a response from Erik and he has parts on the way. That is amazing service. It's obvious they take this issue very seriously. On a side note, I checked my 71 Olds 442 kit and got lucky. Only a very slight bend in the A pillar. Hope to be posting more soon. I'm on a motorcycle kick at the moment. Starting my 1/6 BMW R75/5. :)

Glad your ramptruck parts are on there way!

• 3 weeks later...

I let Moebius know that I had warping issues with about 3 parts. I gave them all the purchase information and in a couple of weeks the parts showed up here (last week). Extremely happy especially since previous owners wouldn’t ship replacement parts to Canada.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...