Model Cars Magazine Forum

Opel Factory

Rakentaja

On 6/26/2021 at 9:22 PM, Rakentaja said:

Hello David. Thank you for asking.

The answer is quite simple. It is not possible to mix car parts because the different parts of all cars are painted in the same color. For example, all chassis, engines, etc. are exactly the same in all four. The only differences are the colors of the car’s bodies, rims, dashboards, and interiors. If I try to put red wheels or a blue dashboard in a green car, I notice it right away. There are three black steering wheels and one off-white. I know right away which car that one will come in and the others then the blacks. I hope this answer was helpful.

Your solution is even more simple than I imagined! :D 

I do tend to over think things sometimes.

David G.

• 2 weeks later...

The factory was closed for two weeks due to the reorganization of facilities and equipment. Fortunately, no one was left unemployed. 😁
Now that everything is in place, production can continue again.
All bodies are now painted and e.g. lights and grilles installed in place.

IMG_20210712_144319.jpg

IMG_20210712_144335.jpg

IMG_20210712_144351.jpg

This thread is fun to follow!  Actually I enjoy following all of Jouko's builds. Motorcycles, cars . . .  fun stuff!

I liked this model so much that I bought one of the sedans from Ukraine, because I read somewhere that those has "chromed" parts.  Well, it doesn't. Looks like I'm on my own making them look chromed.

14 hours ago, peteski said:

This thread is fun to follow!  Actually I enjoy following all of Jouko's builds. Motorcycles, cars . . .  fun stuff!

I liked this model so much that I bought one of the sedans from Ukraine, because I read somewhere that those has "chromed" parts.  Well, it doesn't. Looks like I'm on my own making them look chromed.

Thank you Peter. 

Yes. There are no more chrome parts. Last year when I bought two, there was in the ICM box but not in the Revell. This year when I bought these four, there is no chrome at all. Saves on chrome parts and still keeps the price the same. Not good. 😢

These are really interesting Opel builds, Jouko........ The sliding / folding sunroof on the black car is so realistic. Four kits being assembled, like a factory production line, but each car is quite different. Now that I have studied your detailed work on these cars, I would like to add some of the Opel kits to my large collection...... Are these 1:35 scale ICM, Jouko ?

We can see some Opel kits on Ebay, here in UK, but they are mostly military vehicles and I do not collect military vehicles.

David Watson (England)

4 hours ago, David G. said:

Good progress on these!

I like the rag top. Is that provided by the kit? I went back and looked for it in your initial parts shots but didn't see it there.

David G.

Hello David A.

No, it's provided by the kit. it is 100 % self made according to the picture.

5983046468.jpg

4 hours ago, Anglia105E said:

These are really interesting Opel builds, Jouko........ The sliding / folding sunroof on the black car is so realistic. Four kits being assembled, like a factory production line, but each car is quite different. Now that I have studied your detailed work on these cars, I would like to add some of the Opel kits to my large collection...... Are these 1:35 scale ICM, Jouko ?

We can see some Opel kits on Ebay, here in UK, but they are mostly military vehicles and I do not collect military vehicles.

David Watson (England)

Hello David James. These are 1:24 scale as you can see here http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/topic/162128-opel-factory/?tab=comments#comment-2412047 

Btw. The car with sunroof is Navy Blue not Black. 😉

2 hours ago, Rakentaja said:

Hello David James. These are 1:24 scale as you can see here http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/topic/162128-opel-factory/?tab=comments#comment-2412047 

Btw. The car with sunroof is Navy Blue not Black. 😉

Sorry, and yes I had already seen the earlier part of your post, and I usually work in 1:24 scale but at the moment working in 1:35.

Navy Blue, not black..... got it. 

Your scratch built Webasto sunroof is excellent, and it is good to see someone working with brass and fabric materials. I had seen the ICM Opel models, but not the Revell versions. Thanks for posting the different stages of your builds, Jouko.

David