Model Cars Magazine Forum

1962 Chrysler 300

Merkur XR4Ti

51 minutes ago, Oldcarfan27 said:

Great job on this Oldie!

But next time you might want to use a less distracting background. Whatever is going on higher up is making your paint job look like it's got a bunch of "goobers" or water spots in it.

It's the overhead lights reflecting off the hood.

Sharp! Nice red car, but as others have noted, we need more pics! This is IMHO the only car that really makes canted headlights "work" in the overall design, and in red it is just beautiful. Very well done.

Hi Steve!

Very nice car, and great execution, bravo!

Many critics back then booed the 62 Chrysler as a "transition" design, as if Chrysler had extended the design pass its useful life... But I, for one, think this more "low key" rear fenders/ toned-down fins is one of the better balanced variation on this iconic design. 

CT

On 5/12/2021 at 10:12 PM, Claude Thibodeau said:

Hi Steve!

Very nice car, and great execution, bravo!

Many critics back then booed the 62 Chrysler as a "transition" design, as if Chrysler had extended the design pass its useful life... But I, for one, think this more "low key" rear fenders/ toned-down fins is one of the better balanced variation on this iconic design. 

CT

I like them both.