Model Cars Magazine Forum

1968 Chevelle SS 396

bluestringer

I use a work light that has a large magnifying glass in the center and a light around the edge. This mounts to the edge of my work desk and has adjustability so that it can be moved around the work area as needed. I got mine at Office Depot a long time ago and I think you can find them on line now at a much better price. 

2 hours ago, TransAmMike said:

Everyone is focusing on the lighting, let me say how nice the interior looks.👍

Thanks. I'm learning some new stuff on here and hope my next build will be better. Have not finished this one yet, still working out some stuff on the engine. I'll be trying to add a pre-wired distributor.

Almost finished with this kit and it looks like BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH. I could not get anything to fit correctly on this thing. Could not get any glue to hold anything, as soon as I would try to glue on another part something would fall off.  I even had to cut down the firewall to get the body to fit over it. I don't know if it's just me being out of practice since this is my first one in 20 years, or if it's a bad kit. I don't remember having this much trouble with kits I did in the past. Maybe my wife was right and I'm just too old to do this anymore. Not going to give up yet, I got the Revell 65 Chevy stepside pickup I'm going to try.

James, I seem to get the parts to stick together it's the paint that is not wanting to cooperate for me.  Are you using super glue or regular model glue.?  Whenever you paint parts keep in mind the area that will be glued to another part and try to keep the paint away from that area.    

I've been using Testors liquid glue in the triangle shaped bottle, and I have a bottle of Mr. CementS. I bought a tube of Gorilla super glue gel today to see if that will help. I really like the Mr. Cement, it seems to work good for a lot parts, but for others not so good. The Testors is heck trying to get it out of the bottle. 

I've been using the Hobby Lobby "Extreme Power" medium and thick glue. Cheap "Original Super Glue" from Dollar Tree and Tamiya (also from Hobby Lobby) Extra Thin liquid al with great results.     

I know there has been a number of threads about glues but I just thought I'd say this.