Model Cars Magazine Forum

1956 Chevy NHRA Junior Stocker: The Candy Striper

NitroMarty

Had the idea for these decals  floating around in my head for several years now.... Finally got around to making it happen.

Revell's '56 Chevy sedan, pretty much box stock, only additions being Cragar S/S mags from AMT's '37 Chevy, AMT parts pack slicks and tires, scratch-build traction bars, headers, and a few bits and pieces from my trusty old parts box....

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Looks pretty good next to my diecast '57 stocker....

spacer.png

Very nice clean build of a cool subject Marty! I’m in awe of builders like you who make their own decals- did you use a special printer (Alps?) to make these decals or just a common ink jet printer? Love that you can personalize them (“Marty’s Speed & Machine”). I also love early/ mid 60’s SS because they were so much closer to street cars than later years and I can also imagine most of these Jr stockers were driven to the strip (as well as work/ school/ church/ grocery store!).

I agree with the previous post - more pics please (chassis and under hood). I have a set of the Fred Cady 55 Chev “Monster Mash” Jr stock decals to go with the AMT post two-door sedan kit and your build is inspiring me to move that one up in the queue....

Excellent build,  Agree with he others on need for more detail pictures. The Junior Stockers and Super Stockers were my favorite racers from the 60-70 era..  This one looks like so many from that time frame, simple paint, nothing really flashy, just pure bad attitude and speed.  Love it.

• 3 weeks later...