Model Cars Magazine Forum

New Not A Kid on the Block

Hi, You can call me Rich, You can call me poor, just don’t call me late for dinner. Been building models for decades! Due to COVID and being forced to retire have been building models to keep my sanity. Gonna do an album. Let me know what you think. I can build anything. My pride and joy is War of the Worlds...1/144 scale with copper plated ufos. Added fairie lites and it came alive. Some extra vehicles, soldiers, and a blown out building make my diorama stand out. Happy Modeling! Best Regards to All!

653FC516-D5EA-454B-ADFD-5C7D50FA8F1F.jpeg

51204E4F-68A4-4155-A3A7-DB95D138EABF.jpeg

C9DC43CF-1E76-4CBF-996D-DD6FB0BF0ED7.jpeg

E5F022E7-DF9E-4214-9B7F-7AD4B4839737.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/18/2021 at 4:52 PM, MasterModeler said:

My pride and joy is War of the Worlds.

You should post these pics in the "Under Glass - Diorama" section of the forum, so a lot more people will see it! Very nice work; the lights help the laser beam effect especially well. Cool stuff, and I'm looking forward to seeing more work like this! Welcome aboard.

Hello! Do you know about the NNL Western Nationals at the Santa Clara Convention Center next to Levi's Stadium? It was a virtual show this year but in February it is supposed to be back in person. There are usually over 1000 cars on display with around 500 people attending.  It was founded in the early 1980s by Roy Sorenson who also founded Plastic Fanatic magazine (which evolved into Model Cars Magazine when Gregg took over the reins).  Hope to meet you there.

There is a pretty active model car community in Northern California mostly centered in the Bay Area and Sacramento.