Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ads are getting weird again

14 hours ago, Tom Geiger said:

I think the ad program misconstrues “model”.  It thinks it’s a young girl site.. thus all the lingerie ads and such.

That's exactly what happens. Posts in the drag-racing section are occasionally flagged as adult content, especially if there are certain types of adoring comments. I'm so looking forward to the era when AIs can be diagnosed with mental illnesses. 🙂 

34 minutes ago, Dave Ambrose said:

That's exactly what happens. Posts in the drag-racing section are occasionally flagged as adult content, especially if there are certain types of adoring comments. I'm so looking forward to the era when AIs can be diagnosed with mental illnesses. 🙂 

Over the years I’ve had several ladies contact me wanting to enter their daughters / themselves into NNL East! The first call caught me off guard.. I agreed her daughter could compete thinking she was a model car builder!

2 hours ago, Tom Geiger said:

Over the years I’ve had several ladies contact me wanting to enter their daughters / themselves into NNL East! The first call caught me off guard.. I agreed her daughter could compete thinking she was a model car builder!

pahaha

3 hours ago, Dave Ambrose said:

As I see it, the AI algorithms are workings perfectly!  The problem is that the AI is not "smart" enough to distinguish between plastic scale models and human models, or drag races vs. drag queens. Maybe once quantum computers become more mainstream, the AI will start doing a better job.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/22/2021 at 11:32 AM, Dave Ambrose said:

Don't go looking for wetsuits either. 😞 

I got an actual nude ad.  its  labeled as bad wedding dress, but it is a picture of a woman wearing just a see through vail from her waste up in plain view, no obstructions. No dress, just the see through vail

I can screen cap it to show it but i figured you probably wouldn't want that.

Its for the site stylegzm.com

On 6/2/2021 at 8:07 AM, youpey said:

I got an actual nude ad.  its  labeled as bad wedding dress, but it is a picture of a woman wearing just a see through vail from her waste up in plain view, no obstructions. No dress, just the see through vail

I can screen cap it to show it but i figured you probably wouldn't want that.

Its for the site stylegzm.com

Thanks. I'll chase that one down and report it. You can also do that. There is a little triangle on the ad that will allow you to report it to Google. 

I'm getting very tired of advertisers misrepresenting their ads and gaming the system. 

9 hours ago, Dave Ambrose said:

Thanks. I'll chase that one down and report it. You can also do that. There is a little triangle on the ad that will allow you to report it to Google. 

I'm getting very tired of advertisers misrepresenting their ads and gaming the system. 

I reported it that day. I had reported that company the day before too. Hopefully it will resolve itself.

Edited by youpey

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I know this has been an ongoing problem with the pop up ads but it is starting to get out of hand again. Noticed yesterday and again today that some are starting to cover someone's post  that you want to see. Can't open their post without going into the ad. Just a heads up on the problem. 

• 4 weeks later...