Model Cars Magazine Forum

79 chevy nova

michelle

Great idea you had replicating the toy with the model. Nicely done! The black does make the wheels look like they have spinners. In fact though, the wheels are Salt flats and Matchbox uses them on alot of castings. I painted mine silver, you can see the design clearer. I replicated my real car with the toy. I picked up a few more, these are my favorite cars. Thanks for sharing, nice job...

are-vn471210xx_xl.jpg

Screenshot_20210528-124244_Photos~2.jpg

20210527_173812.jpg

20210519_132050.jpg

19 minutes ago, disconovaman said:

Great idea you had replicating the toy with the model. Nicely done! The black does make the wheels look like they have spinners. In fact though, the wheels are Salt flats and Matchbox uses them on alot of castings. I painted mine silver, you can see the design clearer. I replicated my real car with the toy. I picked up a few more, these are my favorite cars. Thanks for sharing, nice job...

thank you 
and interesting 

1 hour ago, doorsovdoon said:

Great looking Nova, I like the colour. Wheels are cool with those spinner caps on them. Nice.

thank you 

58 minutes ago, ATHU said:

Looking good, well done Michelle!!

thank you 

1 hour ago, David G. said:

You replicated your subject quite nicely.

And a good solid looking build to boot.

David

thank you 

On 5/28/2021 at 12:57 PM, disconovaman said:

are-vn471210xx_xl.jpg

Screenshot_20210528-124244_Photos~2.jpg

20210527_173812.jpg

20210519_132050.jpg

Thanks for posting the info on these wheels, I'll also have to keep it in mind for future Matchbox-themed builds. Last time I had to go the full custom route, since this is what the little diecasts were wearing back in the early 1980s 😉

matchbox-83-vette-01.jpg.971bd91b37792489bfd5235c4c1b524c.jpg