Model Cars Magazine Forum

74 road runner

michelle

i  decided to paint the bumpers and grille/headlight surrounds body color like i have seen pics of some 73/74 road runners 
i used the red stripes  with a gloss white body  and did  red accents  in the interior with sharpie  to  the dash ,seats,center consule  and painted the floor and top of dash black  then added a bit of brown paint  to small areas on the dash and center consule  to simulate wood grain 
i also painted the center parts of the rims medium  grey 

IMG_2354.JPG

IMG_2353.JPG

IMG_2352.JPG

IMG_2351.JPG

IMG_2358.JPG

IMG_2357.JPG

IMG_2356.JPG

IMG_2355.JPG

IMG_2359.JPG

IMG_2360.JPG

IMG_2361.JPG

37 minutes ago, espo said:

I like the color combination on this. These are usually built with the bright colors that MoPars were known for at the time. This has a cleaner more modern look. 

Agree 100% I am now thinking of doing one very similar now. I hope Michelle realizes I have been inspired.

13 minutes ago, Sledsel said:

Agree 100% I am now thinking of doing one very similar now. I hope Michelle realizes I have been inspired.

thank you  and i can't wait to see your model 

51 minutes ago, espo said:

I like the color combination on this. These are usually built with the bright colors that MoPars were known for at the time. This has a cleaner more modern look. 

thank you  

59 minutes ago, Sledsel said:

I'd say you got a home run with this one. Good job.

Hmmm... now what to do with the headlights? They are in need of something.

thank you  

1 hour ago, drodg said:

Nice!   

thank you 

3 minutes ago, Hard_2_Handle_454 said:

Good job with the paint.  I always have trouble when using white.  The color combo looks great.

thank you i was lucky the kit was molded in white made  using white primer then gloss white paint alot easier i find if the kit is molded in any other color it is alot harder to cover it with out using double the primer and paint unless your doing a dark color paint and using black primer then it is covered nicely with  one coat of both primer and paint 

12 minutes ago, PappyD340 said:

Good looking RR Michelle!

thank you