Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Detroit Area Auto Modelers Motor City NNL show returns November 14th, 2021!

ZTony8

We got word this past week that our host venue, Macomb County Community College, is re-opening their activities building as of September so we were told that our show could resume this November. As requested by several attendees we will be enlarging the model show display area a bit. To do that we will be slightly reducing the number of vendor tables. Not to worry, the loss will be less that a dozen tables so we will still have about 300 tables. The NNL style show themes will be '70 and '71 muscle cars and Corvettes. There's no added charge to enter the NNL above the show entrance fee of $5. See you there!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

An update. We may not have the slot car drags as the owner of the track has sold it. We have a possible line on another track but if it doesn't happen we are discussing moving the contest to the drag track area and  deciding what to do with the current contest area.

7 hours ago, ZTony8 said:

An update. We may not have the slot car drags as the owner of the track has sold it. We have a possible line on another track but if it doesn't happen we are discussing moving the contest to the drag track area and  deciding what to do with the current contest area.

You can never have too many vendors.

12 hours ago, Repstock said:

You can never have too many vendors.

Actually you can!  There are only so many show attendees which equals how much money is in the room. If a show expects to attract quality vendors and the aftermarket they need to make sure that it will be worthwhile for those vendors to spend money on travel and accommodations. 

9 hours ago, Tom Geiger said:

Actually you can!  There are only so many show attendees which equals how much money is in the room. If a show expects to attract quality vendors and the aftermarket they need to make sure that it will be worthwhile for those vendors to spend money on travel and accommodations. 

That may be true, but I prioritize shows based on the number of vendors. I've pretty much given up on contests. I just go to look and buy.

19 minutes ago, Paul Payne said:

Can you provide an address and a map?

Macomb County Community College( South Campus)

14500East 12 Mile Road ( at Hayes road)

Warren, Mi  48088

I can try a map from home later but be warned-I'm lousy with computer stuff.

On 6/27/2021 at 7:45 PM, Repstock said:

That may be true, but I prioritize shows based on the number of vendors. I've pretty much given up on contests. I just go to look and buy.

We only have a certain amount of space so we have to be wise as to its allocation. The room is large but we have to allow for aisle width and door access per the fire marshal  and we only have so many tables available to use. We are aware that our attendees would like better access to the contest area which is why we are discussing rearranging the layout for a better show experience.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, paul alflen said:

I just heard on the radio today that the USA- Michigan is opening the boarders to Canada and Mexico for travel again! Hopefully before November 14th for our Canadian friends!

Exactly what I’m hoping! But there are lot of questions that need to be answered before we know if we can go or not. Fingers crossed.

The model show area will be moved across the room to where the dragstrip was located( no more dragstrip- the owner sold it off) and the aisles will be widened for easier viewing of the models. The former model show area will be filled with more vendor tables.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, ZTony8 said:

The model show area will be moved across the room to where the dragstrip was located( no more dragstrip- the owner sold it off) and the aisles will be widened for easier viewing of the models. The former model show area will be filled with more vendor tables.

oooh, YEAH!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

One more week until the show! Still only $5 admission and that also covers any entries into the Motor City NNL. That's right- no extra charge to enter models! Bring lots of  entries! Show off what you built or are building. We want to see your stuff.

if you've never been to our show or it's been well before the pandemic that you came, come see our show. The most  vendor tables ever for us and an expanded show area will be waiting for you to experience the largest model-centric show in the region.

I was really looking forward to coming to the show when your government announced that they were opening the border on November 8. Unfortunately our government is insisting on a pricey Covid 19 test to get back home. At $150 to $300 for the test, well, it’s just not going to happen. Look forward to seeing you next year.

5 hours ago, peter31a said:

I was really looking forward to coming to the show when your government announced that they were opening the border on November 8. Unfortunately our government is insisting on a pricey Covid 19 test to get back home. At $150 to $300 for the test, well, it’s just not going to happen. Look forward to seeing you next year.

Sorry  to hear about the impediment to your  attendance. See you in the spring, we hope.

Peter31a, Does the test have to be done at the border on the way back? Are there over-the-counter  Covid tests that can be bought cheaply at the drug stores here (USA)?(Rite aid , Walmart , Walgreens, CVS)?, and be used  to prove you don't have covid on the way back? Just thinking out loud for you! You need to ask the Border Patrol these questions ahead of time.  The cost of that Covid test in Canada looks like a Money grab for the Canadian government!( moderator- just stating a fact here not making it political!)We welcome all Canadian model fans to our show in Macomb, Michigan, Good luck and Happy hunting!

Edited by paul alflen
grammer and punctuation