Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Detroit Area Auto Modelers Motor City NNL show returns November 14th, 2021!

ZTony8

13 hours ago, paul alflen said:

Peter31a, Does the test have to be done at the border on the way back? Are there over-the-counter  Covid tests that can be bought cheaply at the drug stores here (USA)?(Rite aid , Walmart , Walgreens, CVS)?, and be used  to prove you don't have covid on the way back? Just thinking out loud for you! You need to ask the Border Patrol these questions ahead of time.  The cost of that Covid test in Canada looks like a Money grab for the Canadian government!( moderator- just stating a fact here not making it political!)We welcome all Canadian model fans to our show in Macomb, Michigan, Good luck and Happy hunting!

Unfortunately they require the expensive PCR test. We can actually take the test before going across the border as long as we're back within 72 hours. But the cost is pricey either side of the border. Hopefully by next year they'll remove this requirement. 

Love show but do ya need 1.1 cars in there?seeing that nnl toledo is gone you guys will take its place you might need more Room for vendors and more room walking space for models also try to bring in aftermarket vendors like  Model car world, replica miniatures, MCW paints.

2 hours ago, Tom Kren said:

Love show but do ya need 1.1 cars in there?seeing that nnl toledo is gone you guys will take its place you might need more Room for vendors and more room walking space for models also try to bring in aftermarket vendors like  Model car world, replica miniatures, MCW paints.

We do have RMR, Morgan Auto Detail, and  and Jimmy Flintstone. We had MCW attend a few years ago and he did  quite a bit of business but told us that  while he'd love to come back he was full up with business from home and couldn't  be at our show any more because of that. I don't know that we ever approached Norm Veber about coming here. I know it would be a good hike for him to come to metro Detroit. We contacted  Slixx when our club went to NNL EAST a few years ago and they said that they'd like to come  but since our show  is always the week after Atlanta it makes it impossible for them to do the turn around. We'd love to have more national vendors attend. Vendors, are you listening? 

The full size car thing is a subject of constant debate in our club. Some like it, some don't. IMHO  one or two cars won't hurt but if we need the space for more vendors we should take it. We  ARE getting close to the limit of the room( real cars or not) as far as useable space for  vendor tables and still having adequate room  for attendee access. We still have to follow the college and fire marshal guidelines for  minimum aisle width, too.

We hope to fill the void left by the demise of the NNL Nationals. The best way is increased attendance and media coverage.

• Like 1

So my buddy is not feeling well, and said he had or has (?) Corona...not sure exactly so he didn't go.

Then wife shows me the corona stats for michigan this morning at 7 am as I prepared to attend.  Needless to say I was not "allowed" to go to the show. 

Waited 2 years for this show.  I am more than bummed.

Please post a link to photos of the models at the show.  Please post something other that that facechat stuff, so us that refuse to be beaten into submission can view them.

Hope everyone will be safe.  

5 hours ago, steveracer said:

Then wife shows me the corona stats for michigan this morning at 7 am as I prepared to attend.  Needless to say I was not "allowed" to go to the show. 

I've been wanting to go to either of their spring or late fall shows for a few years now. My budget never really lets me, as I prefer to have at least $100 to spend in the vendor area on kits and such. I would have been able to attend last March, but that's pretty much when all of this craziness started. As we got closer to November this year, once again the budget wouldn't allow it, but even if it had my wife feels the same way about being around more than a few people at our current rate. Hopefully both situations relent for me by the time the March 27th show rolls around next year.