Model Cars Magazine Forum

How About an Obituary Section

JohnU

• 2 months later...
On 5/22/2021 at 2:08 PM, bobthehobbyguy said:

I agree that some of the obituaries really aren't necessary and clutter the board.

I would prefer to see just the obituaries limited to automotive and modeling community.

OK, I’ll limited it to automotive related. Rose Martin of Rhode Island passed away back in 1998. She made a strange request of her family and community, namely that she wanted to be buried in her beloved 1962 Chevy Corvair. Now, that’s dedication to your car! And some of you think a car-shaped headstone is weird? Check this out....

43049905-3C94-4602-B73A-11A838BC95A9.jpeg

F8C94D61-FE0F-4805-8A23-69487FF1081B.jpeg

5 hours ago, ToyLvr said:

OK, I’ll limited it to automotive related. Rose Martin of Rhode Island passed away back in 1998. She made a strange request of her family and community, namely that she wanted to be buried in her beloved 1962 Chevy Corvair. Now, that’s dedication to your car! And some of you think a car-shaped headstone is weird? Check this out....

43049905-3C94-4602-B73A-11A838BC95A9.jpeg

F8C94D61-FE0F-4805-8A23-69487FF1081B.jpeg

Really????....🙄

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Bugatti Fan said:

John U.     Er, isn't this an off topic section?       

Nothing wrong with obits as far as I can see having posted about Charlie Watts' passing.

Honestly it keeps me informed.  I don’t watch the news very much at all it’s more depressing.  Everyone has different options and feeling I can respect that..

On 8/23/2021 at 9:15 AM, Ceaser_Salad said:

How about an obituary section.... for the people on this forum that aren't dead. And its just preemptive! 😆

That pretty much describes the "Car Kit News & Reviews" sub-forum. Most of the posts are about long deceased kits which essentially qualify as obituaries.