Model Cars Magazine Forum

Citroën DS19 Cabriolet - Heller 1/16

ATHU

My first 1/16 build. The kit had opening doors which I chose to glue shut at an early stage. The rest of the building process was pretty straightforward without any bigger issues. 

021a.jpg

023a (1).jpg

026a.jpg

027b.jpg

028a.jpg

029b.jpg

030b.jpg

041b (1).jpg

Thanks for checking it out!!

Edited by ATHU
  • Like 3

• 7 months later...

The DS was way ahead of it's time and even today it looks futuristic. "I had the chance to test drive one in the 80's and the ride is like you're not touching the ground. The suspension in my opinion was never equaled by any mass market manufacturer. Your model does it justice. The paint is glass looking. I wonder why Heller never produce it in 1/24th scale. I think I will eventually shell some $$ for  the high price of the Ebro kit, I hear it's quite high quality. Great job.

Anders, you have really done justice to this model. It was such a futuristic looking car back in the day with very clean lines and unusual innovations like the single spoke steering wheel and the adjustable suspension ride height.

Superb paint job and detailing.

I think Heller also did a saloon version too in 1/16th scale.

Anders, I forgot to mention in my last post that a friend of mine has also built one of these Heller kits. He also built it with the doors permanently closed as he says the hinges looked weak.

What body colour did you spray your model ?  It looks a good choice, really suits the car, and you got a fantastic finish on it.  I had another look at the engine bay photos of your model and must say it looks very realistic. A real credit to your finishing and detailing techniques.

Edited by Bugatti Fan

On 1/19/2022 at 5:11 PM, Gluebomber said:

I can't believe I missed this one the first time around.  I stumbled on it because I just ordered this kit and was looking for build-up articles.

Great Work, Anders!  Extremely clean build and your color scheme makes a gorgeous car look even better.

On 1/19/2022 at 7:02 PM, happy grumpy said:

The DS was way ahead of it's time and even today it looks futuristic. "I had the chance to test drive one in the 80's and the ride is like you're not touching the ground. The suspension in my opinion was never equaled by any mass market manufacturer. Your model does it justice. The paint is glass looking. I wonder why Heller never produce it in 1/24th scale. I think I will eventually shell some $$ for  the high price of the Ebro kit, I hear it's quite high quality. Great job.

On 1/20/2022 at 1:21 PM, Eric Macleod said:

I can't believe I missed this one as well. This is one of those rare models that are very hard to tell if it is a model or the real thing. Fabulous build.

On 1/20/2022 at 6:29 PM, bbowser said:

That's a beauty!  I would like the Ebbro kit but am too cheap to spend a C note on one kit.

On 1/20/2022 at 7:31 PM, stevehansen said:

SUPERB JOB, EXCELLENT DETAIL, SMOOTH PAINT !!!!

On 1/21/2022 at 9:12 AM, Bugatti Fan said:

Anders, you have really done justice to this model. It was such a futuristic looking car back in the day with very clean lines and unusual innovations like the single spoke steering wheel and the adjustable suspension ride height.

Superb paint job and detailing.

I think Heller also did a saloon version too in 1/16th scale.

On 1/22/2022 at 3:13 AM, doorsovdoon said:

Nice looking kit. Lovely build there and really nice colour.

On 1/22/2022 at 6:47 AM, Venom said:

Wow! Truly beautiful and excellently detailed👍

Thank you guys, much appreciated!!

On 1/22/2022 at 10:11 AM, Bugatti Fan said:

Anders, I forgot to mention in my last post that a friend of mine has also built one of these Heller kits. He also built it with the doors permanently closed as he says the hinges looked weak.

What body colour did you spray your model ?  It looks a good choice, really suits the car, and you got a fantastic finish on it.  I had another look at the engine bay photos of your model and must say it looks very realistic. A real credit to your finishing and detailing techniques.

Thank you Noel!! 

The color is my own mix of gun metal and silver metallic. The color I tried to match is AC112 Gris Impérial used by Citroën for the cabriolet from 1961-71.