Model Cars Magazine Forum

ROYAL CANADIAN 1/16 SCALE TOP FUEL DRAGSTER

33 minutes ago, Nitrobarry said:

Keep goin Ian, I`m sure Don K will be quite pleased when this is finished! Well done!

Hi Barry   I'm not sure Don even knows about the project, I've been building it fir Bryan Hodges, the current owner.  Here's where I'm at today  Dropped the intake this morning , these 3D printed parts are like handling glass, I was going to change both sides  with HO gauge railroad coupler springs and RB Motion bolt pins and washers anyway. As well as cleaning up the remaining solder joints

IMG_8550.JPG

Edited by Ian McLaren

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The engine is progressing, swapped out the Donovan based blower manifold for a lower profile CRAGAR manifold to match the one that is run on the car.  Lowering the blower a significant amount really enhanced the look of the engine.  Scratch built Hilborn PG-175 fuel pump as per the original and 3 way fuel shutoff valve combined with RB Motion anodized fitting to the main fuel just waiting for addition fuel lines and control cables. Working on control cables, arms and linkages next

IMG_2144.JPG

IMG_6918.JPG

IMG_8671.JPG

IMG_8676.JPG

IMG_8669.JPG

5 hours ago, Lee Yoder said:

Looks great!  Does LPH1320 have a website, or are they strictly Facebook?  I have managed to resist Facebook for all these years and don’t want to go down that rabbit hole. 

Later,

Lee

As far as I know they are only on face book. 

On 10/11/2021 at 12:53 AM, Lee Yoder said:

Looks great!  Does LPH1320 have a website, or are they strictly Facebook?  I have managed to resist Facebook for all these years and don’t want to go down that rabbit hole. 

Later,

Lee

Lee, thousands of modelers go there only for the drag racing car models groups.  Car models only, not the woke social circus.  Not all of FB needs to be avoided.

Mike..

• 2 weeks later...

Just working on pieces right now, clutch pedal and clutch arm just have to build the rod,  note the scratch built master cylinder in the back ground, bellhousing with dust tube hole, dust tube will be added once the floor pan hole location is set.  Valve covers natural cast aluminum with polished ribs and name plate area  just waiting for plug boots, fasteners and breathers, dual parachute mounting plate and helmet bar with embossed padding also showing First color as a test and the painted helmet bar.  

IMG_8628.JPG

IMG_8644.JPG

IMG_8757.JPG

IMG_8742.JPG

IMG_8747.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/7/2021 at 3:06 AM, Lee Yoder said:

Any more progress with this Ian?

Later,

Lee

Just a bunch of bits and pieces not really the stuff of updates, but here are a couple.  Chute pack hand carved and a mold made, this is the first casting out of the mold also my first attempt at this procedure.  Aluminum rear face on the seat added. Happy with the wood on the steering wheel

IMG_8838.JPG

IMG_8845.JPG

IMG_8777.JPG

IMG_8778.JPG

IMG_8779.JPG

RC B.jpg

Edited by Ian McLaren

On 11/21/2021 at 4:54 AM, Codi said:

Nice Ian, simply nice.   You've got some real talents and this is thread I always look for when it comes to updates.  cheers, tim

Tim, coming from you that really means a lot. Likewise I always check for updates on your build because of the spectacular machining and modeling you constantly produce, truly inspirational. 

On 11/18/2021 at 1:35 PM, AmericanMuscleFan said:

All your fabricated parts look great Ian!   So far, it seems to me that your scale version of this dragster will really be as close as it gets! 👍

Thank you so much Francis, I always look for your updates and as I have said before I am never disappointed just fantastic modeling.