Model Cars Magazine Forum

ROYAL CANADIAN 1/16 SCALE TOP FUEL DRAGSTER

19 hours ago, Codi said:

Congrats as well on the move Ian.  Must say though you left us hanging when you said the paint was on.............can't wait to see it! 

cheers, tim

Thanks Tim. I'll post some photos of the body panels once I locate the camera LOL, they have been sitting undisturbed for quite some time now and should polish up nicely for the decal application.  I have been checking in on your project to see the final design of the intake manifold.

17 hours ago, Randy D said:

Great work on this one Ian !!!!!

Randy

Thank you Randy.  I have been following your birdcage project since I started here and it has provided me a great number of tips and techniques.  Having done this relatively simple chassis in 1/16th, I am in awe of what you have accomplished in your scale let alone the current recreation of the body work you are now undertaking. Breathtaking.

Edited by Ian McLaren

12 hours ago, Hobbyguy said:

Beautiful build Ian your making all of us step up our skill set. Looking forward to seeing this one up close.

Thanks Todd, just about set up to go back to building at least on a reduced scale until the bench/desk arrives. Shooting for the end of June for completion, have to get this thing to Bryan.  What are you working on now that the 63 Impala is completed.

8 hours ago, Ian McLaren said:

Thanks Todd, just about set up to go back to building at least on a reduced scale until the bench/desk arrives. Shooting for the end of June for completion, have to get this thing to Bryan.  What are you working on now that the 63 Impala is completed.

Hi Ian still working on WJ'S 84 Olds. A lot tweaking here and there and I've decided to open the drivers door.

Well mostly moved into the new shop, still some things to finish up. Primarily the metal work bench top which will expand the work area to 60 x 21 with a 4 inch backsplash, and 1 inch fences on both ends. Removing the computer and existing lamp will further increase the work area. As you can see the Royal Canadian has re appeared on the bench and it is full steam ahead to wrap this on up.

New Shop  (2).jpg

New Shop1 (2).jpg

New Shop2.jpg

New Shop3 (2).jpg

New Shop4 (2).jpg

Edited by Ian McLaren

On 6/15/2022 at 5:52 AM, David G. said:

Congratulations on the new home and workspace! May they bring you many years of enjoyment.

The dragster's looking pretty good too. :)

David G.

Thank you David, still getting settled but at least I'm back to modeling now.   Trying to get the dragster done for May 6th as the real car will be running at a cackle fest a couple of hours from here.   Seems like a good place to present it to the owner.

Here is an update with some actual progress, I redid the remote oil filter block adaptor as the previous attempt wasn't quite as nice as I wanted.  Here is the new one mounted on the engine and a photo of the original piece.  I have also finished lettering the slicks and painted the Blue streaks on them. and they are now mounted on the wheels. In the photo you will  also note the unique coil position on the top of the blower.   Progress is being slowed by having to open boxes to find stuff / tools I thought were already unpacked or that have been unpacked but put somewhere other than where I thought.

IMG_7045.JPG

IMG_2834.jpg

20171020_141914 (2).jpg