Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum

ROYAL CANADIAN 1/16 SCALE TOP FUEL DRAGSTER


Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, AmericanMuscleFan said:

Another step in the right direction Ian!  It seem straight like an arrow my friend, I LOVE it! 👌

Thankyou Francis I'm happy with my progress.  Increadable work on the wheelie bars on the D100 BTW

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Working on the Royal Canadians somewhat unique fuel system.  The Enderle hat is an old shower head design from around 1965 that was updated with a plate underneath and 4 injectors in a more conventional location, but still predating the 8 injector set ups that became the norm fairly quickly.  This set up was still good enough to set the Canadian Top Fuel record and also win a NHRA National Event in its day. 

IMG_8064.JPG

IMG_6920.JPG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, AmericanMuscleFan said:

I love this kind of detail Ian, it's my favorite part of any project and it looks like you have some great reference photos.  This is going to be epic! 👍

Thanks Francis it really helps when you have virtually unlimited access to the real car

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, gasser59 said:

Magnificent all around Ian!  Loving everything about this build.

Thank you Brad. Again trying new things is slowing the progress but I'm  learning and growing.  I kind of like this brass fabrication deal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"I kind of like this brass fabrication deal".........yup, he's hooked.  You've mastered it quite well too Ian.  Truly enjoying your thread.  cheers, tim

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Very cool build Ian.  That distributor ( along with the rest of the car ) are pretty nice to say the least.   You gotta be happy with where you are now with it.  cheers, tim

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

I haven't posted on this build for about two weeks, but I haven't been sitting around doing nothing.  I have been fighting with these headers for almost a month and I have lost track of how many versions I've made.   Got a jig that works and finally found tubing that would bend acceptably . and devised a way to bend a near scale radius. I'm sure I spent less time on the chassis itself.   So this hurdle is passed.

IMG_8432.JPG

IMG_8471.JPG

IMG_8468.JPG

IMG_8469.JPG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just under an hour for the second side. What a difference a jig makes. Unlike the one I made for the funny car headers which burned away the first time I used it, this one is completely intact. Made out of the same materials (hard balsa) but covered in aluminum furnace tape. Direct flame from my torch and not a mark.IMG_8488.thumb.JPG.edc6ceb1c6a06c6f3812f10825aaef92.JPG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...