Model Cars Magazine Forum

Modeling vs. reality

On 5/24/2021 at 3:02 PM, El Roberto said:

Maybe it's just me but when I see a model which would never be drivable in the real world if it were a real car, I automatically dislike it.  

I mean, for example,  a huge wheel and tire jammed in the wheel well wouldn't allow any suspension travel, and you probably wouldn't be able to turn the vehicle either.  Or a car sitting so low you couldn't clear a marble without bottoming out.  

I agree with Roberto, but about my models and how I want them to look like a 1:1 in the real world.   If I don’t like it or something about it then I don’t comment but I do miss builds by accident…

A lot of times I want to build a model as a styling exercise, and there's no need for a drive train, but I cant bring myself to build a model without it! But that is the fun of modelling, you can build something in styrene or resin that would be impractical or impossible to build in 1:1 . If it doesn't work into the parts bin it goes! 

28 minutes ago, goldfinger said:

A lot of times I want to build a model as a styling exercise, and there's no need for a drive train, but I cant bring myself to build a model without it! But that is the fun of modelling, you can build something in styrene or resin that would be impractical or impossible to build in 1:1 . If it doesn't work into the parts bin it goes! 

The joy of modeling. And sometimes modeling can be an exercise in art. Whatever pleases you.