Model Cars Magazine Forum

1966 AMT Chevy Nova 327 engine

camaro69

Hey fellow modelers,

like the title says I´m in need of a Chevy 327 engine. I prefer the single carb setup like this one.

1969_327_275eng.jpg

(picture from: https://www.69pace.com/2/1969engine327_210.htm)

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you all in advance.

Rico

Posted (edited)

Hi Roger, this would be great. But only the stock engine.

Don´t know if there is another 327 engine in any other kit...

Edited by camaro69

Most Chevy small block generation 1 engines all are based on the same design and looks basically the same externally, you can't tell them apart just by looking at them...especially in model form.
If you use a 283, 327 or 350 doesn't matter if you have the correct attributes like air cleaner, valve covers and other stuff so you can call it whatever you like.
Of course there are differences but most of them are internal and not visible from the outside and the most noticable are the cartrige oil filter and front engine mounts used on early small blocks vs the spin on filter and side engine mounts on the later ones, the valve cover bolts also has different spacing on early and late small blocks.

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, George Bojaciuk said:

‘71 Nova kit might be a better choice based on your valve covers.

13 hours ago, George Bojaciuk said:

Here is the box art to the Nova I mentioned...

51129F93-0700-4B3E-97EC-1177089DB0C8.jpeg.b77136eaff5ddec3b3fab2e327a95461.jpeg

Hi George, thanks for your help. Looks like this would be a good choice for what I want to create. Is there any chance to get this one anywhere without buying the whole kit?

14 hours ago, Force said:

Most Chevy small block generation 1 engines all are based on the same design and looks basically the same externally, you can't tell them apart just by looking at them...especially in model form.
If you use a 283, 327 or 350 doesn't matter if you have the correct attributes like air cleaner, valve covers and other stuff so you can call it whatever you like.
Of course there are differences but most of them are internal and not visible from the outside and the most noticable are the cartrige oil filter and front engine mounts used on early small blocks vs the spin on filter and side engine mounts on the later ones, the valve cover bolts also has different spacing on early and late small blocks.

Hi Hakån, thanks for the infos.

Edited by camaro69