Model Cars Magazine Forum

*1965 Chevy Impala (Foose)*

Zippi

15 hours ago, Oldmopars said:

Or, use the Aluminum tape from the hardware store, cut thin strip and wrap it around. No glue required. 
it’s like really thick BMF. Lifetime size roll is under $10. 

Does it cut easily with a hobby knife?

I got a sunny morning with the humidity at 60% so I got the Impala body painted.  Since I had to strip the body I decided to go with a different color.  I still need to clear and polish it.  Color is Tamiya TS-9 British Green lacquer. 

20210614_090007.jpg

2 hours ago, Tom Geiger said:

That color looks nice!  

Thanks Tom.  I thought I would try something a little off the wall.  I thinks once I get the bumpers, mirrors, etc. on it will look a little better.  

Hi Bob, this is coming along really nice! Haven’t checked in for a while. BMF isn’t for the faint of heart, yours looks great. Thin strips of foil work well for rad hose clamps, I haven’t tried the thicker foil, but I have some in my shop so I’m going to give that a try. This is a great forum, full of great ideas and sharing.

Thanks fellows.  I found that if I hold my breath while doing paint detailing with a toothpic it tends to come out better.  Don't know if I can hold my breath long enough on those long runs with the bmf ☺ Going for the vent windows this morning.

Well.....not so good on the bmf this morning.  To much coffee I think.  One thing I don't like is if you pick the model up and have you fingers on the bmf it will pull off.  

20210618_101155.jpg

20210618_101434.jpg

20210618_105432.jpg

Edited by Zippi

57 minutes ago, Zippi said:

Well.....not so good on the bmf this morning.  To much coffee I think.  One thing I don't like is if you pick the model up and have you fingers on the bmf it will pull off.  

20210618_101155.jpg

20210618_101434.jpg

20210618_105432.jpg

BMF looks pretty good. Did you use the masking tape method for cutting off the excess?

As Mark said, the BMF just ain't what it used to be.  It should'nt pull of by just touching it after its burnished down. It's what I've been saying, the adhesive sucks now.

Anyway Bob, I'm very impressed at your results as I know you are a newcomer to the BMF world. Now I'm going to finish up the BMF on the '57.