Model Cars Magazine Forum

76 chevy nova

michelle

i got this amt/ertl  street customs nova kit in a trade i did with gloozalot  
i  did a chassis swap  the chassis was a first gen camaro  from my parts box i had to remove the drive train/transmission tunnel  and found a  back seat that would fit  in my parts box it was from a 70 and a half camaro  the center console is from a 70 chevelle   the rims and tires came from my parts box
the engine bay  is a mess  due to the only chevy engine i  had that would fit the chassis was a first gen camaro engine  i also had to put the battery were ever it would fit  and there was some other deletions  which  made the whole bay look bad to me   so i did not even take a picture  of it  if i come across a partial squad rod 79 nova that has a complete chassis engine and engine bay and interior  i will do a complete  chassis  engine and interior swap with the macgyvered interior and  chassis set up it currently has 
i painted the body to as closely match the amt/ertl box art car as i could which was rust-oleum 2x  gloss cranberry 

IMG_2403.JPG

IMG_2404.JPG

IMG_2405.JPG

IMG_2406.JPG

IMG_2407.JPG

IMG_2408.JPG

IMG_2409.JPG

IMG_2410.JPG

IMG_2411.JPG

IMG_2412.JPG

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Fantastic Boxart build... you have replicated what so many others expected to see when they opened the box rather than the Pro-Street kit. I think alot of buyers were disappointed in the contents... I was happy either way. 😁 Come on Round II, reissue this kit! 😆 It really is a good looking model built up. Well done!

7 hours ago, slusher said:

Very nice Nova, Michelle…

thank you 

14 minutes ago, disconovaman said:

Fantastic Boxart build... you have replicated what so many others expected to see when they opened the box rather than the Pro-Street kit. I think alot of buyers were disappointed in the contents... I was happy either way. 😁 Come on Round II, reissue this kit! 😆 It really is a good looking model built up. Well done!

thank you  i hope if they reissue it they also include factory stock option parts also 

2 hours ago, PappyD340 said:

Another great looking Nova and a great color choice!!

thank you