Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hi, AITM  cab & frame with 34,000 lb suspension kit, shortened the frame, Front of pic, fitted pins to tanks , battery boxes etc, Helps for a strong joint in final gluing, Wheels are from M&G mouldings - modified to look MACK like. I pivot the suspension to make sure the wheels will sit on the ground. Also added basic plumbing. Front axle is metal from KFS.

1.JPG

10.JPG

11.JPG

12.JPG

13.JPG

14.JPG

Edited by The Brush

A truck I know well, my father was a long haul trucker, his company was small and modest and used Mack B's. You couldn't pick a better subject matter to do a big rig, they used to be everywhere. As a boy, I remember climbing up into my father's truck and in summers, his employer allowed drivers to take their kids along (amazing the insurance company permitted it). On long trips, I slept in the sleeper and recall hearing him crunch through the gears while listening to country music on the AM radio and smelling his pipe. And of course I loved the great food at truck stops. I look forward to seeing your progress on your project. 

Hi , Been able to paint the frame, & wheels This will be metallic green cab with a black frame, I did paint the wheel rims green but have changed them to aluminium Chrome parts are alclad. The black is a mix of matt black & satin. Mudflaps are plastic card & brass tube with homemade decals.

Thanks for looking more soon.

15.JPG

16.JPG

17.JPG