Model Cars Magazine Forum

How's everyone?

Good day gents.

Nice to be here.

I've been a model car builder for a few years now. Belonged to some model car clubs, and did a few contests long ago, but now just build for the fun of it in my man cave model room - Fun stuff 👍.

I used to build a lot of mild customs and some street rods, but now after collecting a handful of some old plastic keepers over the years, and a few older resin kits, I've settled into some milder 

things I've been wanting to tackle, and spend less time finishing.

I need my naps now that I have gotten older and retired :lol:.

• 2 months later...
7 minutes ago, carbuilder1950 said:

@Zippy 

Congratulations!

Sorry I didn't respond sooner. I missed your post somehow.

You'll love the freedom of retirement. I sure do!!

Thanks Dave.  Yeah it's going on 11 months now and really enjoying myself.  My wife will be retiring in September of 2022 so I don't have much Freedom time left ☺ 

Yep....retirement is wonderful stuff. I retired 10 years ago at 68 and have thoroughly  enjoyed it. My first license plate after retirement was " NO MORE WRK" and the next was "NO PLAN". We have been married for 57 years and retiring has given us the the freedom to do spur of the moment things like traveling or spend the entire day working on models. Lovin every minute of it.

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome David! Retired also. Got alot of projects and no money,lol. But do enjoy model building in the evenings. I belong to the same model club as Jim above me, To be exect, he's the president of the club.  The name is F.A.S.T. and we meet the first Saturday  of the month in Ocala florida. Welcome aboard!

• 1 month later...

Hi David!

It looks more and more like a meeting of "Retired Anonymous" by the minute... Might as well confess it too: retired for 16 years.

As Mr. Woodruff stated above, it allows for spontaneous ways to fill your free time, the most important of which is modeling, of course. 

Welcome aboard!

CT 

• 1 month later...