Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT 61 Impala SS

Crowmag

22 minutes ago, 1959scudetto said:

Looks very good, Alex - have you lowered the front a little bit? Did the kit have any issues (I have it in my stash, albeit the Lindberg version - when it came out first) ?

I did lower the front, sat to high in the nose, as for issues I did not have any went together well

58 minutes ago, Crowmag said:

Alclad  Candy Cobalt Blue

Wow, that's an incredible shade of blue.  Nice work!  

Do Alclad paints require any extra prep or special techniques to airbrush?  I've never used them, but seeing how the paint turned out on your build has me intrigued.

3 hours ago, Monty said:

Wow, that's an incredible shade of blue.  Nice work!  

Do Alclad paints require any extra prep or special techniques to airbrush?  I've never used them, but seeing how the paint turned out on your build has me intrigued.

Thank you

The candy colors do require a silver base coat and patience with the top coat, other than that it's like most paint

Beautiful looking Impala. The paint finish looks great and the interior match if perfect. I knew a a guy in the mid '60's that had an Impala with this exact color combo. His was a 348 with 3x2's and a 4-speed. Your chrome trim looks very clean and I like the SS hub caps.