Model Cars Magazine Forum

worst commercials - i have to mute the tv

youpey

58 minutes ago, BlackSheep214 said:

Papa John's pizza commercial with Shaq. Really? The cashier looked surprised that the tall guy in a wig is Shaquille O'Neal? Fake...

I do like Shaq he is not acting that’s his personality in the commercial,….

12 hours ago, Tom Geiger said:

Ya know.. I was watching TV for a break from Covid… then characters in every show and commercial were wearing masks 😷!

That's the funny part. If they're wearing masks, how can you tell when they're acting? I guess watch for the eyes.

7 hours ago, Oldcarfan27 said:

That's the funny part. If they're wearing masks, how can you tell when they're acting? I guess watch for the eyes.

Funny thing.. I took a short term consulting position last fall. I met everyone with masks on. It was very difficult to remember who everyone was.. for instance there were two young blonds I seriously thought  were the same person! 

20 hours ago, JohnU said:

Really? Nobody’s brought this abomination up yet! I still can’t believe they resurrected this thing again considering it’s history!

85360646-5DD4-4AFB-828A-1A9421946404.jpeg

Ya, what's with the strange guy in the red outfit ? 

On 6/9/2021 at 7:42 PM, JohnU said:

Really? Nobody’s brought this abomination up yet! I still can’t believe they resurrected this thing again considering it’s history!

85360646-5DD4-4AFB-828A-1A9421946404.jpeg

i wasnt surprised they brought back the noid. this new generation has yet to come up with any original ideas

On 5/31/2021 at 11:08 AM, youpey said:

I forget which one it was, but there was one that said a side effect was death. i forget what it was for, but i do remember it was for a vanity product.  

Actually I think more than half of them list death as a side effect.  What I can't understand are the ones that "may cause diarrehia and constipation".  Now I guess body chemistries may react differently, but I believe this is simply a catch-all statement to cover big-pharma's posterior.   I never realized there were so many alphabetical diseases "I may have" that require me to tell my doctor I need a certain drug.  Oh yeah, anything with Dick Vitale is an automatic mute, even a Duke/UNC ball game.

Edited by TarheelRick

The NOID ! Sorry, But I actually like the little guy!  There was a real person with that last name, and he held a domino's  hostage. The commercial's weren't the problem It was the jerks that teased/razed him because his last name was Noid! People sometimes are cruel, or go overboard with the teasing. Besides the little guy just likes Cold Pizza!  Heck I eat cold left over pizza. Cold fried chicken can be good too!

2 hours ago, TarheelRick said:

What I can't understand are the ones that "may cause diarrehia and constipation".... I believe this is simply a catch-all statement to cover big-pharma's posterior. 

I see what you did there. ;):lol::lol::lol:

On 6/11/2021 at 9:48 AM, ranma said:

The NOID ! Sorry, But I actually like the little guy!  There was a real person with that last name, and he held a domino's  hostage. The commercial's weren't the problem It was the jerks that teased/razed him because his last name was Noid! People sometimes are cruel, or go overboard with the teasing. Besides the little guy just likes Cold Pizza!  Heck I eat cold left over pizza. Cold fried chicken can be good too!

I can’t stand this thing! Aside the poor guy that committed suicide because of it, they incessantly run this commercial until it would drive any sane person nutty! 

Couldn't stand him either. tango_face_grin.png.5f43aa8d423e0dc4e32847b96244e4f3.png

Back in the day I worked as an outdoor mascot for Domino's - fortunately the Noid costume was too small for me (thank God!) so they dressed me up in a tiger suit (Tom Monaghan owned Domino's and the Detroit Tigers then). I'd rather be a tiger than a Noid anytime!

Edited by ChrisBcritter

21 hours ago, Brutalform said:

The My Pillow Guy commercial is the worst. I won’t mute it, I’ll just flip the channel until its over with. I can’t stomach that commercial, or that guy. 

I have very bad times sleeping. i bought a my pillow from Amazon in hopes it would help. 

It Was the worst pillow i has ever used. It says to push down to get the shape you want and the pressure of your head will keep it there. I am someone who rolls back and forth and would have to reshape it every time. i returned it.

20 minutes ago, youpey said:

I have very bad times sleeping. i bought a my pillow from Amazon in hopes it would help. 

It Was the worst pillow i has ever used. It says to push down to get the shape you want and the pressure of your head will keep it there. I am someone who rolls back and forth and would have to reshape it every time. i returned it.

The Lovely Mrs. Snake and I got them for Christmas last year. We LOVE them. If anyone here has wondered about them, give them a try. They have a money-back guarantee. 

8 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

The Lovely Mrs. Snake and I got them for Christmas last year. We LOVE them. If anyone here has wondered about them, give them a try. They have a money-back guarantee. 

I was finally able to find one i liked. It was some brand, Beckham hotel pillow. It took several days before it broke in, but its very comfortable. I think they were 20 dollars or so. I sleep better but still not through the nights. basically any noise wakes me up and i have trouble sleeping again. i also had to put up 2 sets of light blocking curtains. my neighbors hung up these bright lights on the shared porch next to our window and they shine right in. Over xmas they put Christmas lights on the bushes outside our window. They took great offense to when i unplugged them. Im not a scrooge but having 4 sets of strings on 2 tiny bushes is too much. We didn't even need to turn on our bedroom light at night. It was like the griswold house. Maybe they are afraid of the dark. Tgis is the same neighbor that hosed Down our door 2 hours after the baby birds left the nest on our door.  Getting water into our hallway through the mail slot. 

They are different neighbors though then the one who stopped me in the walkway to tell me she can hear every noise in our apartment and proceeded to list from a piece of paper what time i got home each day, at 430pm. When i did my laundry at 5pm. Knowing we went to sleep at 1030pm. That was a weird conversation 

Edited by youpey

3 hours ago, Snake45 said:

I have two of them bought them at Walmart and they are great pillows..

My local TV programs are swamped with sleazy, ambulance chaser, personal injury lawyer ads.  "You don't pay a dime unless we win"  of course they don't tell you how much their share of the take is.  Of course they won't take a case unless it's a slam dunk.  

12 hours ago, youpey said:

I sleep better but still not through the nights. basically any noise wakes me up and i have trouble sleeping again.

I work night shift, so I sleep during the day (roughly 7am-1pm).  I don't have much problem falling asleep during daylight, but my neighbors used let the dogs bark outside and that drove me nuts.  IN the summer I have window AC which when running masks the noises, but in the winter I was screwed.

I bought myself a small fan and white noise generator and it word as well (or better) than my window AC!  Highly recommended!

lectrfan-wh_600sq.jpg

This is the model I have.  It has multiple fan sounds and multiple noise choices. It is a small unit, but if you crank the volume up, it packs a punch!

48 minutes ago, peteski said:

I work night shift, so I sleep during the day (roughly 7am-1pm).  I don't have much problem falling asleep during daylight, but my neighbors used let the dogs bark outside and that drove me nuts.  IN the summer I have window AC which when running masks the noises, but in the winter I was screwed.

I bought myself a small fan and white noise generator and it word as well (or better) than my window AC!  Highly recommended!

lectrfan-wh_600sq.jpg

This is the model I have.  It has multiple fan sounds and multiple noise choices. It is a small unit, but if you crank the volume up, it packs a punch!

I just bought that exact model. I have tinnitus and sometimes have trouble falling asleep and this really helps.