Model Cars Magazine Forum

Jordon-Mugen-Honda 1999

Revell kit, this one gave me a pretty hard time.  Paint issues, decals, lots of getting up and walking away from the bench.  In the end I think it came out pretty good.  Driven by Heinz-Harald Frentzen during the 1999 season he won 2 GP, Monza and Magny-Cours and finished 3rd in the points.  Honda V10 power, I love the Buzzin Hornets livery.  Comments welcome, thanks for looking.

DSCN5975.JPG

DSCN5976.JPG

DSCN5977.JPG

DSCN5979.JPG

• Like 2

22 hours ago, dublin boy said:

Very nice Bruce, I'm an Eddy Jordon fan.

The Buzzin Hornets motif was because they wee banned from advertising Benson & Hedges cigarettes at the time.

I wondered if that was the case.  An image search turned up some pics with Benson & Hedges livery, it seemed too coincidental. Must have been around the same time as the Marlboro cars lost their logo?

On 6/3/2021 at 6:38 PM, Xingu said:

I thought it was only certain tracks/countries that banned tobacco advertising. Most of the liveries were still very recognizable.

F1 (and FIA as a whole) had banned tobacco liveries by 2006. Certain countries had started banning them earlier than that, it's when we got the Buzzin Hornets and Marlboro "Barcode" and Rothmans Racing dropped the Rothmans part.

Although Ferrari is still sponsored by a fake company called Mission Winnow which is "owned" by Phillip Morris.