Model Cars Magazine Forum

Source for 1/25 1968-72 Corvette wheel covers?

I have a couple projects that require the optional full wheel covers used on early C3 Vettes. From what I've read, certain full size Chevrolet cars like the Caprice used a similar cover. Does anyone know where I can find a couple sets? There are 2 different versions(P01 '68 only & P02) of the Corvette wheel covers, but the differences are minor and not likely detected in scale.

Here's a couple photos for reference..

ca0813-161269_2@2x.jpg

alan_bean_1969_astrovette-wheels-1024x684.jpg

6 hours ago, roadhawg said:

Yes, AMT '70 Impala. They're a little loose in the Revell tires, nothing a couple wraps of tape won't solve. 

1.JPG

Awesome! Thanks guys, this will help. Roadhawg, did you build Alan Bean's Vette? I'm wanting to build the astronaut Vettes to go with the spacecraft. Shepard's '68 Convertible, all the Apollo 12 guys as well as the cars of the crew of Apollo 15 had wheel covers. I've been compiling a list of Corvettes driven by the Mercury, Gemini, Apollo astronauts if anyone is interested.

58 minutes ago, roadhawg said:

Yes sir, I did. I'm a bit of a C3 fan (working on a '74 right now), and thought that was a cool scheme. 

You did a fine job on it! I've always been a C1 guy from having grown up around them, but seems the older I get the more I appreciate C3's. We used to have a massive Corvette show/swap down here but it has shrank tremendously over the years.