Model Cars Magazine Forum

1960’s Style 1927 Ford T Touring

Dennis Lacy

A stunning build

You know when you have it when it all looks like it came straight from the (kit) box. Very clean, stance spot on, choice of wheels, engine and interior all work together to give an excellent result. The expression "the sum of the parts is greater than the whole" springs to mind.

On 6/1/2021 at 3:57 AM, Kit Karson said:

You nailed it, ADL!  Both your T Touring and your 1:1 experience have brought you to the same conclusion that I have had as a basic rule of model car building: The final result has to appear to be "street worthy"!  If it isn't street-able or plausible, even in theory, the builder has missed the mark.  Reality is a bitch, so if your fantasy is to create a vehicle that reflects your interests or personality, then make sure that if it were constructed for the road that it is legal and safe, even in concept! -KK

Thanks brother! My OCD won’t let me do it any other way. 😁

On 6/1/2021 at 5:18 AM, tim boyd said:

Dennis....yeah buddy!  Came out great.  Love the color scheme, the stance, the engine and detailing, and those killer wheels!   Most of all, it looks real.....which to me is one of the ultimate tests of a major modeling project.   Always, always a treat to see one of your hot rod projects go over the finish line.   Cheers....TIM 

Thanks so much, Tim! This little T actually exceeded my expectations. And someone had to prove that these could be cool. I lost count of how many sets I’ve automatically thrown away over the years, LOL! 🤣

On 6/4/2021 at 12:55 PM, bill-e-boy said:

A stunning build

You know when you have it when it all looks like it came straight from the (kit) box. Very clean, stance spot on, choice of wheels, engine and interior all work together to give an excellent result. The expression "the sum of the parts is greater than the whole" springs to mind.

Thank you so much. Very nice of you to say!