Model Cars Magazine Forum

Model Factory Hiro Porsche 935/78

6 hours ago, Randy D said:

Just beautiful work going on here Chris !!!!   I have some MFH kits and I am so impressed with your ability to take those bags of white metal bits and make such a great looking model. Truly inspiring.

Randy

Thank you sir, it has been a fun learning experience. I appreciate the kind words

This is incredible. I watched some vids about their factory and how they make these models..but watching one being built! These make Pocher models look..well not as good. This to me is the epitome of model making short of scratch building an entire one. Great work!

3 hours ago, Kingslug said:

This is incredible. I watched some vids about their factory and how they make these models..but watching one being built! These make Pocher models look..well not as good. This to me is the epitome of model making short of scratch building an entire one. Great work!

Thank you! It will challenge your patience at times, yet very satisfying when it comes together 

On 8/27/2021 at 7:32 AM, Chris Smith said:

Thanks Bruce... Mark told me I suck!!

LOL!!!! There is a story about that. A very good friend of Mark and I , his name is Steve, said to me, “ I suck” when I won some awards at a IPMS contest. But it was in fun as Steve is a great builder. So our club has adopted the saying “ you suck” if your kicking everyone’s rear end. 

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Kingslug said:

Its a shame you have to cover all that up with a body!

Yes it is, the doors open and shut and the rear deck lid comes off as well as the hood

8 hours ago, Belugawrx said:

Really nice progress Chris !

👍👍

Thanks. Glad you stopped by. I’m itching to do another F1 kit

7 hours ago, 4mula1fan said:

Incredible build! Those MFH kits have had my head spinning for some time. Just have to decide if the tail chewing will be worth it. I think it might be. 

Go for it! I jumped in with both feet…

With the body, without the body.....I don't care..........I love the whole build Chris.  The details of the chassis engine in your most recent pics are outstanding.  With the body in primer you can envision the whole thing now and it's fantastic!   kudos!  tim