Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ferrari Outlaws & Hot Rods

Seems to me that Ferrari's are way harder to find in these categories (outlaw/rod) than the Porsches and Mercedes in the other topics. Other than the one above, none comes directly to (my) mind.... Maybe the Gas Monkey F40???

Edited by matthijsgrit

I quite like how this one looks: http://speedhunters-wp-production.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/18145021/MG_8921.jpg (sorry, the site wouldnt let me paste the image)

Ditto this one:

But some of the coolest 'hot rodded' Ferraris I've seen are concept renderings...

khyzyl-saleem-f40-lmbreadvan4.jpg?154884

khyzyl-saleem-gto-missile-final.jpg?1513

khyzyl-saleem-ferrari308-final.jpg?14984

khyzyl-saleem-ferrari-white.jpg?14984754

khyzyl-saleem-ferraridrone-finallow.jpg?

khyzyl-saleem-libertywalk288gtomergedfin

khyzyl-saleem-ferrarigtodrfitlow.jpg?144

More from the same artist: https://khyzylsaleem.artstation.com/

Edited by CabDriver

On 6/7/2021 at 1:29 AM, 89AKurt said:

Been seeing more Ferraris that are not original, but recreations based on modern Ferrari drivetrains.  It's a theme that I have already built one model as, an outlaw or resto-rod.  Found out about this car, built by a shop in New Zealand, a 1959 TR 250 Representation.  Seem like a good point to launch this topic.

1121750431_59FerrariTR250Representation.jpeg.08ac7923c5e7b2e1e0c47c0aa903fcfd.jpeg

OK, anyone else have a RUSH song going through their head after seeing this pic? 😁

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Can-Con said:

OK, anyone else have a RUSH song going through their head after seeing this pic? 😁

Since I started this topic, and it's a favorite song of mine, here you go.  Original concert version, there are more recent videos, but I'm an old fart.

• Like 1

Like that drag car!  My buddy in England told me about a Ferrari that got oval-raced over there, but I haven't been able to find a pic so far.  I'd be confident it would be a kitcar body on a regular modified-type oval frame if anything, but I'd still like to see it...

Jalopnik has a good article on "Ferrari's 10 Weirdest" that I saw today:

https://jalopnik.com/lets-explore-ferraris-weirdest-most-wonderful-one-off-1847081182/slides/7

28 minutes ago, matthijsgrit said:

I like this one a lot. Great model-idea.

skxcUAD.jpg

Apparently this car was delivered to Switzerland. Low spoiler because of the then applicable legislation which stated the height between the rear deck and the spoiler must not exceed eight centimeters. Don't know if this is true, but makes for a nice story. 

I also saw a Swiss version (maybe even this car) with a double deck spoiler to meet regulations.