Model Cars Magazine Forum

Little Hobby Shop

I had to drive up to Horicon Wisconsin to take care of a legal matter relating to my over exuberance of hustling down the highway. Anyway, this area will be my new home soon as I am moving to the area. I am going to live in Theresa which is a very small village in Wisconsin. Mayville is the larger city near by that has the grocery store and other places needed for my food and other stuff. Not the usual place to find a hobby shop of sorts, but I did. Called the Tinkerer's Shoppe, they have different things for crafters, rocketry, gemologists, board games, and yes....Model cars. A small collection of kits mainly Revell but they are there. I saw some Tamiya kits as well for aircraft. It is a small space so selections are limited but at least car models are present.  I bought the 69 Mustang while I was in the store. Prices weren't too bad for a small shop as the kit was about $27.00. I hope I can convince them to expand the selection. My fellow Wisconsinites who live in the area, please patronize the store. It's an hour NNW of Milwaukee. https://www.facebook.com/The-Tinker-Shoppe-164956174056067/

7 hours ago, lordairgtar said:

I know exactly where that is. I have family in Oostburg.

The wife works in Oostburg. We lived outside Random Lake for about 15 years.

Mayville does have a nice old time town feeling.

Took a drive out there on Saturday. Nice little shop with a decent, albeit small, selection of kits. Different stuff than HL for sure. Also happened to be a classic car cruise drive in/show/cruise in town, so got to see some really cool cars and trucks.