Model Cars Magazine Forum

"Choppers" 62 T-Bird Custom is done now.

ViperDave

That shore is purty! If you think this is nice, ya really shouda seen what he bought to Toledo! I'd heard an seen so much about Ted"Chopper"Lear, that to finally SEE with mine own eyes what everyone was talkin about, Yeeesh, They didn't say ENOUGH! This guy is a genius! He's up there with Treehugger as far as I'm concerned. Just absolutly great models! I looked for him, but I didn't get the chance to meet him. Oh Well, I'll make it a point to, NEXT year! :angry:

That shore is purty! If you think this is nice, ya really shouda seen what he bought to Toledo! I'd heard an seen so much about Ted"Chopper"Lear, that to finally SEE with mine own eyes what everyone was talkin about, Yeeesh, They didn't say ENOUGH! This guy is a genius! He's up there with Treehugger as far as I'm concerned. Just absolutly great models! I looked for him, but I didn't get the chance to meet him. Oh Well, I'll make it a point to, NEXT year! :)

I thought at first you were telling me that I should have seen his work at Toledo. LOL. The sent me an E-Mail saying that I had a message on here.

Chopper rode with me to Toledo. You could have just about ask anybody where Chopper was and they could have pointed him out. Chopper will let you know anything about his models that you want. He does do some nice clean builds. It is hard to discribe but when you talk about a clean build but it just shows. The slick paint, fine door lines, and flawless body work.

We will be back again next year. It was my first time but not my last. We will be going to Birmingham, Cookeville Tn. Louisville(twice), Indianopolis (maybe twice), Columbus In. Corbin KY, and Chopper will be at the NNL east, (my sons wedding day so I won't be there) and last, Atlanta. We might take in a few other shows but who knows at this point.

Thanks for the nice comments.

Dave

YUP - For sure :P

Been eyeballin' a project like this for a while, and I think this "BEAUTY" just put me over the top.

This is absolutely "STUNNINGINGLY GORGEOUS" :D

A true "JOHN D'AGOSTINO" jewel. Every styling cue is perfect.

This is my all time favorite catagorie of build - dave :angry:

Edited by Treehugger Dave

If you have ever built a customized model car, then you know how difficult it is to combine parts from different cars and still maintain a cohesive design. This car is able to do that and still keep the style, balance and grace of the car that it was meant to have. I realize that the front and back came from the stylists at AMT back in the 60’s, but with the addition of the top, the stance and an intriguing paint job, this is a beautiful build, first rate all the way….stunning, simple stunning.

You know I don't think this Chopper person exists. I think ViperDave has hired some little elves who just sprinkle magic dust on some styrene and WHAMMO! instant best of show winner. Some guys have all the luck.

Save me some nice weather there in Jacksonville. I am flying in tomorrow.

Dave

• 3 years later...