Model Cars Magazine Forum

"Choppers" 62 T-Bird Custom is done now.

ViperDave

ya know, as soon as Ted figgers out this 'how to paint' thing, there's no stoppinf him!!! lol

excellent work chopper....

remember the deal, you don't do racecars i don't do customs!!! lol

Edited by weasel

Having had the pleasure of seeing Chopper's work in person at the BAMA show a few years running, I can tell you that no picture could ever do his build justice. His work is MIND-BLOWING, and you can always pick out his builds out of line up anywhere. Whenever Chopper and Steve Boutte bring models to a table, watch out so that your eyes don't POP out of your skulls!

If you have ever built a customized model car, then you know how difficult it is to combine parts from different cars and still maintain a cohesive design. This car is able to do that and still keep the style, balance and grace of the car that it was meant to have. I realize that the front and back came from the stylists at AMT back in the 60â€s, but with the addition of the top, the stance and an intriguing paint job, this is a beautiful build, first rate all the way….stunning, simple stunning.

What he said...... :)

Just when you think Chopper has hit the peak, he raises the peak with his next build! Another custom masterpiece worthy of a museum!

And that build was three (3) years ago!

Still a very contemporary and stylish design with excellent execution.

B)

• 2 weeks later...

Starbird is the first word that came to me. I was expecting an old school hot rod from the Choppers car club out of California. This is more like what I remember seeing in Rod& Custom back in the early days. Looks like a Cover car, love it!

Edited by vw guy

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 years later...