Model Cars Magazine Forum

Bought as an 'already started' only the wheel stand though. Built box stock except the decals were trash other than the Ducati logo, the Dunlop front fork, the 'carbon' ones on the exhausts and the AGIP ones. The new number plates are white decal paper and the numbers come from my stash. And a new one for me attaching all of the plastic hollow tubing 'cables'!

photo2-th.jpg

photo1-th.jpg

photo1-th.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks Larry. Just been watching the latest rounds of the World Superbike Championships from Misano in Italy, super racing, with all the latest versions of bikes from all of the manufacturers!

On 6/13/2021 at 7:30 AM, PatW said:

Thanks Larry. Just been watching the latest rounds of the World Superbike Championships from Misano in Italy, super racing, with all the latest versions of bikes from all of the manufacturers!

The Ducatis sure don't look like they used to back in Foggy's day, do they?

No Daniel, I supported Foggy for years, being a race marshal at Silverstone over 20+ years. Chatting to the likes of Barry Sheene, Steve Parish etc in the day, plus both national and world superbike guys and the MotoGP guys as well. Great days!

Yeah, the new MotoGP bikes are getting crazy with winglets and aero here and there and the 'launch control' and rear-end squat coming out of corners to combat wheelies is amazing to watch.

Nothing like the bikes i grew-up watching with the likes of the guys you mentioned.

• 1 month later...

Same here Daniel. I rode a 125 Lambretta as a teenager and a BSA two stroke 175. A mate of mine's Dad won what was then the 'Football Pools' and bought him a 250 BSA to pass his test and then when he passed his test a Norton Dominator 850cc. What bike that was!