Model Cars Magazine Forum

Got about an hour in at the bench last night and worked on this. I scribed the door lines on the driver's side to clean them up a bit. Then I needed to do something with the rear pan. My buddy had just left an uncentered opening in the back.

Later-20210724_221252.jpg

Edited by Modlbldr

I took out a rebuilder that I got from Lee Rilea to get the second set of seats. I removed the rear license plate/ exhaust exits from it, cut the ends off and began the molding in process on mine. Here is where I ended for the night.

Later-

20210724_221722.jpg

20210724_225641.jpg

20210724_231341.jpg

I shot a quick coat of primer on the body this morning. Looks like I still have some issues with the crack in the roof. Or, it's just my eyes seeing something that isn't there. It definitely needs smoothed out but not sure if the crack is still present. Looks like my work on the rear pan turned out. Just a slight bit of ghosting.

I'll let this sit a couple of days before I start sanding on it. Time to work on more of the interior and getting the top of the engine figured out.

20210727_060736.jpg

20210727_112155.jpg

20210727_112243.jpg

20210727_112228.jpg

56 minutes ago, Claude Thibodeau said:

Hi Tom!

Very nice concept to begin with... and a GREAT salvage job! Bravo!

CT

Thanks Claude! I have quite a few concept builds that are half built and hope to get going on them. Hopefully they will turn out half as nice as your builds. As a matter of fact I'm going to send you a PM

Later-

Edited by Modlbldr

Coming along nicely. A couple of suggestions one drill a hole at each end of the crack to keep it fron traveling then use sprue to fill holes.

Second Snake45 uses what he calls faux fiberglasserglass which is using a piece of newspaper soaked with ca glue  to reinforce the joint.

Glad to see you working to finish up such a cool project.

Thanks Fellas!

1 hour ago, bobthehobbyguy said:

Coming along nicely. A couple of suggestions one drill a hole at each end of the crack to keep it fron traveling then use sprue to fill holes.

Second Snake45 uses what he calls faux fiberglasserglass which is using a piece of newspaper soaked with ca glue  to reinforce the joint.

Glad to see you working to finish up such a cool project.

Great ideas! I'll start with the hole drilling first. Thanks.

Later-

• 1 month later...
On 9/30/2021 at 4:20 AM, roadhawg said:

I've never been a fan of the SSR, but I really like the way this is looking. If Chevy had made this, I might've bought one! Awesome concept! 

Thanks guys. 

I'm the same. Never liked the SSR much. A guy I worked with had one and I wasn't impressed. I do like the look of this stretched one much better. It has much better proportions.

Later-