Model Cars Magazine Forum

Psyches Custom Psycles - Bike Hauler

I did three builds for my imagined bike shop - Psyches Custom Psycles and this is the second build.

I started with a broken electric stapler I got from work. It had some nice lines and curves on it.

I cut off some of the bottom of the stapler body and used an old resin 1950 Ford truck cab. Scratch built the frame, exhausts, sign, cut a rear door and hinged it, used stained, sealed wooden coffee stirrers for the bed floor. I had an old parts pak Triumph and scratch built the entire front forks with handlebars. Scratch built the seat, oil tank, exhausts. On the Panhead I scratch built the gas and oil tanks, rear fender and handle bars.

I kept the theme of Psyches Custom Psycles from another build I did a few years ago. The truck was very challenging but no where near as difficult as the Triumph. The bikes are so small I needed 5x glasses.

Thanks for looking and I hope you like it.

Dave

This is what the stapler looked like.

Speedboat

Speedboat

Speedboat

Speedboat

Speedboat

Speedboat

Speedboat

Speedboat

Speedboat

Speedboat

Speedboat

• Like 1

Truly amazing build. The stapler body makes a perfect enclosed trailer  just the right size for the bikes. I like the finish on the truck & trailer and the trailers interior looks great. Nice diamond plate ramp and trailer threshold.  

Very cool customs!! Outstanding work on all of them, and very imaginative use of office equipment, lol!! Seriously though, the shape of the stapler for the cargo area really makes a ton of difference for the custom aspect of this build, well done!!

• 1 month later...