Model Cars Magazine Forum

Do any kits have a 70s or 80s style tent

Do any kits have a 70s or 80s style camping tent? I will make one if i have to, but if there is one in a kit, i would prefer it

Also, do any kits have a small squirrel or little bird

Edited by youpey

40 minutes ago, youpey said:

Do any kits have a 70s or 80s style camping tent? I will make one if i have to, but if there is one in a kit, i would prefer it

Also, do any kits have a small squirrel or little bird

The MPC Chevette annuals had a canopy that you could probably add to to make a tent. Looks like it came with some other things you might find useful, too... 

Vintage MPC Chevy Chevette Rally or Stock Model Kit with Diorama |  #1833685140

3 minutes ago, CapSat 6 said:

The MPC Chevette annuals had a canopy that you could probably add to to make a tent. Looks like it came with some other things you might find useful, too... 

Vintage MPC Chevy Chevette Rally or Stock Model Kit with Diorama |  #1833685140

is this one the one?

993-2.jpg

This is kind of what i had in mind.  i could probably make it of out cloth, but it would take a long time since i am not much of a sewing expert

maxresdefault.jpg

You might be able to make something out of thin cloth, cardboard or colored paper. I would think plastic would be too hard to work with and wouldn't look realistic. Cloth would have to be very thin to start, and I can't imagine you could actually stitch something like that in 1/25 scale. You would have to glue it.   

Or maybe look in the toy aisle at Target or Wal Mart? You'd be surprised what you might find sometimes.