Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/25 1955 Cadillac sombrero hubcaps

That's a tough one!  Franklin Mint made a couple of die-cast '55 Cadillacs in 1/24 scale. They're expensive but you might luck out and find a junker with the dreaded "die-cast rash."  Or a parts seller.

JADA also did some die-cast '55 Cadillacs that might be cheaper and easier to find.

This is sort of like trying to find '59 Cadillac Series 62 hubcaps.  I think the only source for those is a Danbury Mint '59 Cadillac.

Edited by Mike999

15 hours ago, Mike999 said:

That's a tough one!  Franklin Mint made a couple of die-cast '55 Cadillacs in 1/24 scale. They're expensive but you might luck out and find a junker with the dreaded "die-cast rash."  Or a parts seller.

JADA also did some die-cast '55 Cadillacs that might be cheaper and easier to find.

This is sort of like trying to find '59 Cadillac Series 62 hubcaps.  I think the only source for those is a Danbury Mint '59 Cadillac.

Yes, you are right... But I did not notice the sombreros where used also on 1949 models, so the 1949 Franklin Mint model is the only "source" for it, the 1953 model use the optional wire wheels (Dayton)...

The JADA model is most probably a copy of the WELLY Cadillac, in 1/26 or 1/27 scale, and on that it uses  some Tunning "21 or "22 wheels...

Well... pardon me Mike, but my house is not so big, so I have several models waiting for a new shelf to emerge from the vaults and, believe it or not, I went there to take a "peep" on the "waiting boxes" and  I found I do have have 1949 Cady, not a 1948 Buick Roadmaster Coupe... my memory is fading... I did take a look on the spare wheel in the trunk, but unfortunately it has no hubcap, so I would have to take one of the wheels out of the car to make some resin copies, but most probably I would eventually destroy it... I will not take the risk to do it... The solution is trying to find a damaged model for sale in the net...

Thank you very much for your help, Michael!

1953 Series 62 F. Mint.png

• 8 months later...