Model Cars Magazine Forum

1950 Chevy. I'm going to try and deviate a little from a basic build. Looking at maybe some retro red line tires and mags. I have a 350 Chevy engine I want to try and install if it doesn't require too much fitting, don't want to get in over my head and mess up the whole kit.ย 

IMGP3947.jpg

• Like 1

I like the AMT 1950 Chevy truck since I have a 49 1:1.ย  The 50 truckย was my first build when I got back into the hobby.ย  I need to build another one to redeem myself.ย  I'll be following this one.

Looking good James.ย  The 50 Chevy pickup was my first build getting back into the hobby and I put a BB in the business end.ย  I memory serves me correct, didn't have room for the radiator.ย ย 

12 minutes ago, Zippi said:

Looking good James.ย  The 50 Chevy pickup was my first build getting back into the hobby and I put a BB in the business end.ย  I memory serves me correct, didn't have room for the radiator.ย ย 

That's a 350 small block from the 67 Nova kit. I looked at a 427 but didn't think it would work. It's not an accurate mount, but I'm ok with it. Had to shorten the drive shaft.ย ย I've test fitted the radiator and it seems to work out, but I will have to make some new hoses. Had trouble getting some pipes on it but kept modifying some from the 72 Nova kit and got them to work out, although it's not pretty. Not a show truck anyway, just something I can put on my shelf.ย