Model Cars Magazine Forum

Honda CBR1000RR-R Fireblade Tamiya 1/12

This was my first shot at motorcycle modeling. The kit went together great. I had some issues with the 2K clear coat that you can see in the first picture. All my fault of course. The paints were Tamiya lacquer and the clear was MRP 2K gloss which is as idiot proof as anything I have used. I will be building more bikes for sure.

Honda 3.jpg

Honda 2.jpg

Honda 5.jpg

Honda 1.jpg

Honda 4.jpg

Edited by AlbertD
Added text

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice work, details are sharp, clean build, great work Albert! I'm really liking the worn look you got on the tires with the rocks and road dirt stuck in what was hot rubber, fantastic. If i may ask how did you get that effect? I have a Ducati 1199 from Tamiya that is somewhere in a long list of builds and would really like to try and acheive something like that. I hope I can make mine look even half as good as yours, it will be my first bike build.

Edited by SickBoy
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, SickBoy said:

Very nice work, details are sharp, clean build, great work Albert! I'm really liking the worn look you got on the tires with the rocks and road dirt stuck in what was hot rubber, fantastic. If i may ask how did you get that effect? I have a Ducati 1199 from Tamiya that is somewhere in a long list of builds and would really like to try and acheive something like that. I hope I can make mine look even half as good as yours, it will be my first bike build.

Thanks for the kind words. As far as the tires go I just sanded them on some 600 grit wet/dry and wiped them with an old tee shirt. Everything else was by accident. This was my first bike too and it was a great project. I'll be doing another soon.