Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Move

landman

As some of you know, I moved recently. We are getting pretty well settled, some 3 months after we started packing. The display case I had bought at a flea market wouldn't go around the bend at the bottom of the stairs so I ended up cutting off the bottom at the arrow. Then using segments of our old bedposts, parts of a 2x4 and some melamine scraps., I made it some legs, a false bottom and a bit of a valance.

Display case (2).JPG

Display case (3).JPG

Display case.png

Display case (4).JPG

I would keep it white since that will better show your models. A suggestion one color. I have a couple of book shelf type cabinets that I have used for years. The walls in my model room were a light beige color and I panted the inside and the shelf tops to match. I thought it looked good. Like you we just moved and I have to set them up when the new space gets done. The colors in homes now are different shades of "Battleship Gray" so I guess that's what I'll be doing next.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/21/2021 at 8:38 AM, Paul Payne said:

If you have to move, the biggest no no is to let the movers pack your models. They just don't get how fragile they are.

It was me who packed them. My mistake was to put the classics in the bottom of the box and the modern cars on top. You'd think that after 30 years in my forties I'd know better.