Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT/ERTL 1977 Mustang II coup

Beans

nice work i am working on a mustang ll  cobra i had a body/hood/front and back bumpers  but they were from either a 74 or 75   as some of the parts  from the 77 mustang ll donor kit  did not fit right with the body   like the chrome bumper inserts were a different shape  had to  mod them to fit  and the  chassis and interior pan fit a bit wonky 

I always like the Mustang ll's.  I had two new ones. A 74 Mach 1 with a V6 ( no V8 in 74) I also was lucky enough to find the rarer 78 King Cobra . That had the 302 but yes the HP was pretty low but it was a cool car. I was at a dealer when one was being delivered and bought it right off the delivery truck but had to wait a day to pick it up so they could prep it.

13 hours ago, michelle said:

nice work i am working on a mustang ll  cobra i had a body/hood/front and back bumpers  but they were from either a 74 or 75   as some of the parts  from the 77 mustang ll donor kit  did not fit right with the body   like the chrome bumper inserts were a different shape  had to  mod them to fit  and the  chassis and interior pan fit a bit wonky 

Thank you.  I too have a small graveyard or misc. mustang parts that I have been slowly piecing together.   Still not sure what it is going to be though.

14 hours ago, Dave Van said:

Your builds keep getting better!!!! I like it as I own two Mustang II real cars. 

Your model is a hatchback or fastback and not a coupe. My real car is a coupe.....Just FYI

Thank you!!  and of course it isn't a coupe, how did I miss that??  .....I have no idea why I even put that in there.  Must have coupe on the brain.   HA!  I'm losing it.