Model Cars Magazine Forum

What’s your favorite television show

slusher

I don't watch much tv, but I do have some definite favourites.

1. The X-Files

2. Battlestar Galactica (the four season run from 2004)

3. The IT Crowd

4. Car SOS

Couldn't really nail down a fifth. There's a few things I watch, but not sure I'd call them favourites. 

Only network "drama" I'm currently watching is The Blacklist, which has its season finale tonight. Only other network show I'm watching now is America's Got Talent. Their seasons are over now, but I was watching Big Sky, The Rookie, Debris, Manifest, and Shark Tank.

Most of what I watch is on Discovery or History on cable. My favorites right now are Street Outlaws America's List, Secret of the Skinwalker Ranch, Forged in Fire, Mountain Men and whatever gold mining show is on Discovery on Friday night. 

As far as older TV, I watch some of that on streaming. Just finished House of Cards and started Longmire. Couple months ago I re-watched all 40+ episodes of Crime Story. Just found out I can stream Miami Vice. Don't want to watch them all, but I'd like to go back and see the episodes with Ted Nugent and Willy Nelson again, and maybe the one with Frank Zappa. 

18 minutes ago, Miatatom said:

The Americans (best series finale of all time), Breaking Bad, The Sopranos, Mad Men and then for something lighter, The Andy Griffith Show.

The first 10 minutes of the very first episode of the Americans was the best opening of a television series I've ever seen. The way the action was synced to the music just grabbed you.

11 minutes ago, imarriedawitch said:

The first 10 minutes of the very first episode of the Americans was the best opening of a television series I've ever seen. The way the action was synced to the music just grabbed you.

True. The way The Americans interwove actual events, such as the assassination attempt on Reagan into the storyline, was brilliant. 

I watch TV with an antenna so I'm not even aware of some of the shows that are on streaming services or cable only channels. I like the old shows and my favorite would be a tossup between Mash and Hogans Heroes. John Banner was one of the funniest ever.

6 hours ago, Miatatom said:

True. The way The Americans interwove actual events, such as the assassination attempt on Reagan into the storyline, was brilliant. 

I watched all of the Americans and all of the Sons of Anarchy.  Good shows

Thanks guys - now I don't feel too weird for watching many of the old shows ('50s to the early 2000s) mentioned here by others. I thought it was just me becoming an old mushroom (but I'm heading in that direction).

Nobody has yet mentioned I Love Lucy, The Twilight Zone, or Perry Mason.  The original Mission Impossible is also a cool show. My secret guilty pleasure is an occasional Leave it to Beaver, or the Donna Reed show.  They are sappy and depict the fantasy "ideal American families" which I find enjoyable.  Then there are The Monkees.  The show is very silly, but I like the music.  And of course,speaking of the campy stuff, the orogina Batman. POW! ZAP!  ZING!  Then there are The Three Stooges.

Then while not actually on broadcast TV, I also watch DVDs of British shows, like Are You Being Served, Keeping Up Appearances, or The Avengers (the Diana Rigg episodes of course), just to name a few.  Space-1999 is also good.

Not really much of the new stuff on TV interests me. Have been streaming:

1. Crossing Jordan (got a crush on Jill Hennessey)

2. CSI, with Gill Grissom and Katherine

3. Blue Blood, rerunning the series

4. Last Man Standing (fits my political philosophy)

5. Mountain Men (although getting burned out on the "cry for help" just before a commercial break, then return to some menial disturbance.)

• Thanks 1

I don’t watch a lot of mainstream TV anymore.  My wife controls the main TV with trash like bachelors and importing spouses from third world countries.  

I watch a couple car shows and an occasional real estate show.

I have been watching Turner and saving a lot of old movies. Some iconic ones I watched lately were Shaft and Taking of Pelham One Two Three. The other night I watched Fast Times at Ridgemont High.

Ive also been watching old movies from the 1930s through 1950s just for kicks. It’s interesting to hear the slang of those eras.  

23 hours ago, Snake45 said:

Just found out I can stream Miami Vice. Don't want to watch them all, but I'd like to go back and see the episodes with Ted Nugent and Willy Nelson again, and maybe the one with Frank Zappa. 

Just watched "Definitely Miami," the Ted Nugent episode. It was awful--so bad even Uncle Ted couldn't save it. 

Just started "Back in the World," the first (of two) episode with G.Gordon Liddy. Gonna watch both those, then the Willie Nelson episode, then the Zappa one. 

Favorite current show is Lucifer. Used to be Doctor Who until Chibnall destroyed it re-righting the history of the show and being so preachy ,, and just bad righting.

For older shows, I picked up the Miami Vice box set a few months ago. and of course, best sitcom ever ,,, 

Titus (TV Series 2000–2002) - IMDb

Edited by Can-Con

7 minutes ago, Can-Con said:

Favorite current show is Lucifer.

I watched the first two seasons of that on Fox. I enjoyed it, and called it "Castle if Castle were Satan." :lol:

I wish I could watch NYPD Blue again, especially the last two or three seasons. Every time that show would lose its star, I'd think, "Well, now it's gonna suck," and then the new guy would come on and he'd turn out to be amazing and then he'd leave and the cycle would repeat. And it just kept getting better and better and better. But it's on HULU now and I don't subscribe to that and won't. 

I guess my favs would be the ones I have on DVD/B Ray........Most of these I rewatch once every year. 

M*A*S*H (number one all time fav)

The Bob Newhart Show

Star Trek Voyager

Mannix

Frasier

Monk

The Shield

Cagney and Lacey

Seinfeld

Big Bang Theory

Mork & Mindy

The Dick Van Dyke Show

Mission Impossible

Speed Racer 

I have many shows that I currently watch but none of them can be considered an all-time favorite. But I do have 3 all-time favorites, though. What makes them favorites to me is that they were good for their entire run, not 1 bad season. In no particular order:

Breaking Bad

The Shield

Justified

Deadwood would probably be in there if it would have had a satisfying conclusion to the series. I liked the movie but it wasn't a satisfying ending to me. I loved Vikings, but it wasn't the same after Ragnar was killed. Ozark has a chance of being a favorite if the final season ends up being as good as the previous seasons. 

Alias Smith and Jones, especially the Pete Duel ones. 

The Onedin Line (may not have reached far outside the UK, it was a drama centred on personal intrigue, rivalries and affairs set in the Tall Ships era)

Monty Pythons Flying Circus

M*A*S*H

Fawlty Towers

Dad's Army

Bonanza

And what do we have nowadays...?

Of course a lot of old stuff, because I saw a lot of it when it was new:

Batman

SCTV

Adam-12

I Love Lucy

The Mothers-In-Law (not easy to find now but worth looking for)

The Fugitive (thanks loads, MeTV, for not running the final season tongue2.gif.13de5736d81138faac5c9f7050496de4.gif)

Dragnet (both the '50s and '60s version, plus the radio show whose stories were recycled into the TV series)

Currently I've enjoyed Young Rock, and Air Emergency. Mysteries of the Abandoned was pretty good too. 

12 hours ago, Snake45 said:

Just watched "Definitely Miami," the Ted Nugent episode. It was awful--so bad even Uncle Ted couldn't save it. 

Just started "Back in the World," the first (of two) episode with G.Gordon Liddy. Gonna watch both those, then the Willie Nelson episode, then the Zappa one. 

Season 1  and. Season 4  with Sheena Easton  married  Sunny in like a hurricane  was a good season.  I had a crush on Sheena  back then and still do…