Model Cars Magazine Forum

What’s your favorite television show

slusher

41 minutes ago, DPNM said:

There was a show on last year where they would catch the large snakes that have invaded the Everglades. I'd still watch it if I could. I like snakes in general and pythons in particular.

There were two different shows. I think one was on History and the other on Discovery. The History one featured the Swamp People gang in the alligator off-season. 

1 hour ago, DPNM said:

I like Petticoat Junction and Green Acres. I enjoy the shows but it has a lot to do with the Cannonball. I like that train.

Jim, save your pennies and dimes and buy a plane ticket to California. Our beloved Sierra #3 is alive and well in the foothills east of Sacramento/Stockton. She will take you for a ride. Most of the stock footage of her was filmed in Jamestown.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sierra_No._3

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Railtown_1897_State_Historic_Park

As for new shows I like Resident Alien, Animal Kingdom, Better call Saul, Yellowstone & Prodigal Son. Hell on Wheels, Gotham & Being Human have ended but are great. As for the old shows it's pretty much like a lot of others, it's what you grew up watching. For me that's mostly 70s & 80s shows.

12 hours ago, Snake45 said:

There were two different shows. I think one was on History and the other on Discovery. The History one featured the Swamp People gang in the alligator off-season. 

I found it. The one I was referring to is Guardian of the Glades.  Good show.

11 hours ago, Rodent said:

Jim, save your pennies and dimes and buy a plane ticket to California. Our beloved Sierra #3 is alive and well in the foothills east of Sacramento/Stockton. She will take you for a ride. Most of the stock footage of her was filmed in Jamestown.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sierra_No._3

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Railtown_1897_State_Historic_Park

Thank you for the links Steve. Maybe someday...Would be fun.

47 minutes ago, DPNM said:

I found it. The one I was referring to is Guardian of the Glades.  Good show.

Oh yeah--worth watching just for the girl alone. 

I've never been able to find out why they have to bring the pythons in alive, when the state's just gonna kill them on the spot. Seems like it would be a lot easier to eradicate them if you could just shoot them in the head with a .22. (Hey, it works for alligators!) :unsure:

1 hour ago, Snake45 said:

I've never been able to find out why they have to bring the pythons in alive, when the state's just gonna kill them on the spot. Seems like it would be a lot easier to eradicate them if you could just shoot them in the head with a .22. (Hey, it works for alligators!) :unsure:

They may be running tests on them first where having them alive would aid in whatever research they might be doing. There is probably a lot of cross breeding going on with them to name one possible example. Just my hunch.

5 hours ago, mchook said:

As for new shows I like Resident Alien, Animal Kingdom, Better call Saul, Yellowstone & Prodigal Son. Hell on Wheels, Gotham & Being Human have ended but are great. As for the old shows it's pretty much like a lot of others, it's what you grew up watching. For me that's mostly 70s & 80s shows.

I started watching Yellowstone from the beginning and it’s a great show…

I saw Taxi listed here. Shoulda been on my list too. I did not care for Andy Kaufman at all but Christopher Lloyd's Reverend Jim was awesome. I knew people like that:unsure:.

The Man from U.N.C.L.E.

And from the BBC:

I need to add the Avengers. Steed usually drove a nice Jaguar and Emma Peel was great to look at:wub:.

The Saint.

Monte Python

I think there may have been one more with a good looking American actress and a British actor who was kinda blond. I remember one scene, can't remember the show's name.

Edited by DPNM

• 2 weeks later...

WOULD TAKE TOO LONG TO LIST, IF WE ARE TALKING A 60 YEAR SPAN,,,,BUT CURRENTLY THIS SECOND, ' GANGS OF LONDON'  ON THE AMC NETWORK....IT'S A TRUE MIND BLOWER, IF THE ULTRA VIOLENT MODERN ERA BAD GUYS IS YOUR THING....BUT, IF YOU ARE SOMEONE WHO PREFERS THE MORE MAINSTREAM SO-CALLED DRAMA GARBAGE ON THE REGULAR CHANNELS DURING PRIME TIME, THEN THIS MAY BE WAY TOO MUCH FOR YOU....JUST SAYIN'................THE ACE...😉

On 7/13/2021 at 5:19 PM, DPNM said:

I think there may have been one more with a good looking American actress and a British actor who was kinda blond. I remember one scene, can't remember the show's name.

I think I found it. Wasn't the BBC. It was the GIRL from UNCLE. Noel Harrison was the dude and Stephanie Powers was the lady I was trying to remember. She was another:wub: at the time:P

On 7/24/2021 at 8:20 AM, deuces wild said:

Curse of Oak Island on History..... Used to be a documentary when it first came out....😞

Now it's part of "garbage tv"... But I still watch it...

Yea, me too!  I am so sick of hearing the voice over "Could it be ........."  I have take to recording it.   I can generally watch a full show in about 10 minutes when I get rid of the speculations and garbage.  I do like the archeologists and seeing some of the stuff they dig

up. 😉

Edited by Pete J.
  • Like 1