Model Cars Magazine Forum

1970 Plymouth GTX

bogger44

10 minutes ago, Beans said:

That looks great!!  Love the interior.  How did you get the texture on the seats??

Thanks!  Really nothing at all, just how the paint laid down.  I used Krylon Short Cuts flat black, IMO it has just the right sheen and texture to it for interiors.

4 hours ago, bogger44 said:

I really appreciate all the nice comments guys!  This is a pretty decent kit.  Like the other Monogram musclecar kits it's fairly simplified, but does build up well and looks the part.  One regret I have is not deepening the panel lines to get some wash in them.  After primer & paint they got buried a fair bit and figured they would look a little messy if I tried throwing some Tamiya panel line in them.  Oh well.

Scribing the panel lines so they're deeper before paint is a good idea but forget about using wash in them afterwards .  Most of the time they end up way too dark and it doesn't look realistic . . . just my two cents . :)

I doubt I can add any more accolades to this build.  I am totally awestruck over the cleanliness of this build.  As others have said, with your photography this one looks more real than some real ones. You sir, have set the bar to a whole new level on realism.  Thank you for sharing it.