Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Neil Peart Collection, up for sale

Group buy. 
AC428 is a Frua body on 427 Cobra chassis. Just as quick. Had 428 instead of side oiler though. 
Miura looks like SV, and Ghibli is 4.9 I think. 
Nevermind. Closer look it’s a Mistral spider. Here’s a 428. Frua as well. 

1D1BFBE8-FA5E-4CF6-939D-8D2DBFD73FFC.jpeg

Edited by keyser
Pic

31 minutes ago, keyser said:

Group buy. 
AC428 is a Frua body on 427 Cobra chassis. Just as quick. Had 428 instead of side oiler though. 
Miura looks like SV, and Ghibli is 4.9 I think. 
Nevermind. Closer look it’s a Mistral spider. Here’s a 428. Frua as well. 

1D1BFBE8-FA5E-4CF6-939D-8D2DBFD73FFC.jpeg

No, the Miura isn't an SV (this one is wider at the rear and doesn't have the"eyebrows" around the headlights, which you can clearly see in the photo)

SV’s are wider at rear and don’t have eyebrows. Occasionally S converted to SV. Gearbox in SV used own oil supply. Normal and S shared sump with engine. Chipped gear tooth and hello boat anchor. SV had wider rear wheels. 
https://www.supercars.net/forum/threads/miura-differences-between-p400-s-and-sv.18284/

Scroll to post 7. 
fun read from owners. 

Edited by keyser
Linky

1 hour ago, 64Comet404 said:

From what I have read, Neil didn't keep many of his older bikes, but would sell them/trade them in once the mileage got too high for reliability. IIRC, the only old ones he kept were his original R1100RS and the Ghost Rider GS.

You know what? That rings a bell. It also makes perfect sense that he  would trade them in.

1 hour ago, 64Comet404 said:

From what I have read, Neil didn't keep many of his older bikes, but would sell them/trade them in once the mileage got too high for reliability. IIRC, the only old ones he kept were his original R1100RS and the Ghost Rider GS.

That would make sense.  Those were the two that played the major parts in Ghost Rider.

Neil also built and collected model cars. There's been a number of references to his hobbies most recently in an article from Hagerty, although I no longer remember if it was posted before or after his passing. I recall many years ago it being touched on in a music mag as an artist profile article. If this portion of his collection ever comes up for sale it certainly might be an affordable way to own something he had a passion for. 

Edited by Phirewriter

11 hours ago, Phirewriter said:

Neil also built and collected model cars. There's been a number of references to his hobbies most recently in an article from Hagerty, although I no longer remember if it was posted before or after his passing. I recall many years ago it being touched on in a music mag as an artist profile article. If this portion of his collection ever comes up for sale it certainly might be an affordable way to own something he had a passion for. 

Really? Who knew?! Such a shame he never joined a modeling forums to show off his work.

One of the best drummers. R.I.P Neil Peart. 

I recall an article in the last 10-15 years in Car & Driver or Automobile magazine that talked about his model collection and car collection.   Fascinating guy, I love Rush and he is missed.   Glad I got to see them once.   I've read a couple of his books on his long distance motorcycle trips. 

On 6/27/2021 at 8:27 AM, BlackSheep214 said:

Really? Who knew?! Such a shame he never joined a modeling forums to show off his work.

One of the best drummers. R.I.P Neil Peart. 

Maybe he did. ;)

I would suspect most celebrities would not be announcing themselves when interacting with us common people.

I know on a couple of guitar forums I'm on, there are some well known celebrity members. And when those famous members post, no one responds on topic. It just instantly devolves into people praising the guy and explaining their life time love of their work. And of course, the odd troll that tells him he sucks.

I would say it's entirely possible this forum, or other forums could have celebrity members. 

On 6/26/2021 at 9:38 PM, Phirewriter said:

Neil also built and collected model cars. There's been a number of references to his hobbies most recently in an article from Hagerty, although I no longer remember if it was posted before or after his passing.

From 2012, pic with his 1/43 collection and comments about his building and collecting.

https://www.hagerty.com/media/archived/rush-drummers-models/

Edited by Lunajammer

52 minutes ago, iamsuperdan said:

Maybe he did. ;)

I would suspect most celebrities would not be announcing themselves when interacting with us common people.

I know on a couple of guitar forums I'm on, there are some well known celebrity members. And when those famous members post, no one responds on topic. It just instantly devolves into people praising the guy and explaining their life time love of their work. And of course, the odd troll that tells him he sucks.

I would say it's entirely possible this forum, or other forums could have celebrity members. 

Back soon after the SA forum was created, I ran into someone who I'm pretty sure was one of the Van Halen brothers. I've never ran across him again since but from our conversation I'm pretty sure it was one of them. 

The Hagerty link didn't work for me. Is it the article in which Neil talks about having a small box of modeling supplies, so that he could build on the tour bus, back in their earlier days? Rush is the soundtrack of my life.  I miss them, dearly. From what I have read of/from Neil, it was the "fanboy" stuff that made him uncomfortable.  If you'd run into him, and, somehow it was about car modeling,  it's likely he'd have found a little time to visit. At least, I have always told myself that!

• 1 month later...