Model Cars Magazine Forum

40+year-old thumbnail sketch: '62 Dodge kustom

ChrisBcritter

I found a couple of my old sketches wile going through the basement. Didn't get too far on this drawing, but didn't get too far on the build either.

1870391413_62dodgekustom.jpg.0fb3046161404c44934598c6403d29cd.jpg

I cut up two '62 Dodges when they were cheap; still have the parts stashed away. I extended the chassis to have a four-wheel steering setup, and reworked the side sculpting into a Buick check-mark shape. Headlights were supposed to be those odd little "micro lights" from the '65 Chevelle wagon; tail panel was a custom piece from the '65 Continental with two long thin horizontal taillights. Front bumper is the '57 DeSoto unit from the AMT custom parts pack.

I suppose it could be called the XNR II. :lol:

Edited by ChrisBcritter

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

That was the idea - Exner to the Max(ner?). I resisted the urge to toss the parts, and they came back to CA with me for a someday project.

Wonder what would make a different engine? Maybe a V-12 based on a pair of Slant Sixes, one turned front to back? icon_eyes.gif.9186529375d8bfd2107aaa2e88b17ff8.gif

Edited by ChrisBcritter